Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.5x54 Fench Mas, dies?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    I think you can neck size with a .308 FL die set shallow.

The poster "motor" has a scan of the Lee internal engineering sketch. The Lee drawing has significant errors on it compared to the CIP standards drawing. You can find his posts at the reloading forum at Gunboards.com. You can find the CIP DRAWINGS at the CIP homologation topic on the web.
    I went back and looked, and it was his posts that made me ask if it was still or always a problem. Lee doesn't seem to interested in fixing them either. I have a Lee .303 Brit collet neck die that will work for neck sizing. Probably better for cast anyway since it will leave the neck a bit larger. Maybe I will lap it out, if I get bored enough over the winter.
    Back in the land of boolits.

There's no need to size new brass. I just inspect them all, inside/outside chamfer the necks, and prime & load. After firing decide which die works best for you. A 7.5x55 Swiss die might make a good neck sizing die. I have a set(Lee) and you are welcome to them if you decide to try it.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    I went back and looked, and it was his posts that made me ask if it was still or always a problem. Lee doesn't seem to interested in fixing them either. I have a Lee .303 Brit collet neck die that will work for neck sizing. Probably better for cast anyway since it will leave the neck a bit larger. Maybe I will lap it out, if I get bored enough over the winter.
    If you have the patience an automatic search can be set up on ebay for 7.5 Mas dies. About 2 or 3 times a year a set will show up for about $25.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=mtnman31;4221524]That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it is one heavy pull and not conducive to accuracy, at all. It is definitely the worst rifle trigger I have.[/QUOTE]

You obviously have never fired a Steyr M95 straight pull!
    ukrifleman

Boolit Master
    I picked up a set of RCBS and Lee. We'll see if they can make my MAS 49/56 shoot as wel as my MAS 36. The 49/45 is pristine while the 36 could be used as an oar.
    [

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12