RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB/WTT - Bolt action rifle in .375 H&H

Boolit Master

WTB/WTT - Bolt action rifle in .375 H&H

So, I'm wanting (not needing) a rifle in .375 H&H. I'm not really a single shot guy, so I would like a bolt action.
    I can't afford to buy a brand new CZ or Browning, and most pawn shops say "a what???".
    What I'm hoping to find, is someone who no longer enjoys shooting his .375 because the recoil is too much, and would love to trade for something he would use more.
    One of my trade possibilities, is a 1917 in 30-06 that has been sporterized probably 40 years ago. It shoots everything from military surplus, to handloads, to Remington corelokts into about 2 inch groups. I of course would make up the difference in value. It's a fine looking gun - in my opinion!
    I also have lots of reloading, casting, and shooting items, that I could offer in part too.
    I might even let go of one of my Stevens model 325s! (in 30-30 of course!)

Let me know if you are interested, or if know someone who might be. I would really appreciate it!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    So, I'm wanting (not needing) a rifle in .375 H&H. I'm not really a single shot guy, so I would like a bolt action.
    I can't afford to buy a brand new CZ or Browning, and most pawn shops say "a what???".
    What I'm hoping to find, is someone who no longer enjoys shooting his .375 because the recoil is too much, and would love to trade for something he would use more.
    One of my trade possibilities, is a 1917 in 30-06 that has been sporterized probably 40 years ago. It shoots everything from military surplus, to handloads, to Remington corelokts into about 2 inch groups. I of course would make up the difference in value. It's a fine looking gun - in my opinion!
    I also have lots of reloading, casting, and shooting items, that I could offer in part too.
    I might even let go of one of my Stevens model 325s! (in 30-30 of course!)

Let me know if you are interested, or if know someone who might be. I would really appreciate it!!

Don
    Not sure exactly what you are looking to spend or what you want but I have a Sako 85 in 375 H&H with a Leupold scope. I bought this rifle for a trip to Africa that now will never happen. I am only interested in selling as a package with dies, brass, bullets and loaded ammo, etc. I can compile a list and will offer up details and pictures if interested. The price is $2000 shipped to you.

Boolit Master

Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread

Boolit Master
    Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread

Boolit Bub
    Deleted
    Last edited by silverbuzzard; 11-30-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread

Boolit Buddy
    Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-30-2017 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread

The least expensive SAKO 375 H&H in Cabellas gun room is $1800.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca...ef=~brand-Sako

Best buys I've found:

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...s-p-36054.html

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...h-p-58013.html

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...h-p-40533.html

X Bolts in 375 are very accurate, wonderful with cast boolits.

Too bad you don't want a Ruger #1. LGS has a Tropical with custom XX grade wood for $850.

Deleted

S&S Rules have been updated. View the rules in the sticky at the top of the S&S forum . By using this area you agree Castboolits, Gunloads, The Owners, Webmaster(s), or Staff assumes no responsibility for the outcome related to any and all transactions which may originate on this site. This section is NOT a discussion area. If your post is not in accordance with the rules it will be deleted, no warning or explanation will be given.
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 12-01-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Not a discussion thread. Read the rules.

Deleted
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 12-01-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Not a discussion thread

Boolit Master
    Still looking. My budget is between $500 and $650, cash or trade...
    of course I would be happy to spend less, if possible!

Thanks!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Closing this thread.
    Thanks for the help, but I found a Savage in 7mm RUM for $355 all in, and a like new 24" .375 H&H barrel, for $125.
    I'll post pictures on the main forum once it gets here, and I get it swapped over.

Thanks again!

Don