MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting serious with 8x56r

Another range day. This was a dozen rounds, lubed only with an alox tumble and dried. They cast .330 from the Lee .329 mould and sized through a .331 sizer with aluminum gas checks. The charge is 20g of 2400 type powder.

I'll call this load close to perfect. The rifle has .331 grooves for those interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    I'd have to say that you done real good. I shot one of my hungrian steyr carbines today (it's got a 2x7 power long eye relief scope on it. I got a 40 cal. hole with it at 25 yards and about an inch at 50 yards.(three shot groups. ) these are .338 bullets resized to .334 with a gas check. then powder coated. they weight about 227-230 gr.s. and with 16 gr's of 2400 they are quite accurate. I started to work up the powder charge and my scope went south on me. so that shut that down.
    but today I picked up some 10% ammonia, and tried the cleaning out the barrel thing. the carbine that I shot today got a little cleaner, but the next carbine I did look like a hazmat problem. but it's pretty clean now. I used a two cell battier pack for AAA battiers. and so far the battiers are still good. (and if you want a good laught I have pictures of my set up. so far only two more steyrs to go. it's pretty nice to see the bottom of the lands of the barrels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123