Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People!!!

Boolit Grand Master

At a public range I might have offered them ear protection. Like JimB, I usually have extra. At a rock quarry or gravel pit in the rural I probably would have kept to my self and kept at least one eye on them.

Boolit Grand Master
    unfortunately there is nothing you can do about
    some people but there lack of preparedness will come back onto them
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Who owns the quarry where you shoot? Any way of getting with the owner, explaining your concerns and together, having a sign made as far as requirements to shoot there? i.e. - no hearing protection for all people present as well as animals = no shooting, etc. I know there are those who make a habit of ignoring signs and let's face it, there are a lot of just plain stupid people out there, but perhaps some sort of rules posted would at least help in a few cases.

Boolit Master
    I think the sign idea is good and a small percentage will heed what they read. The ones that ignore signs like that are the same ones who cut you off on the highway and then flip you off when you tap your horn at them. Those are the people who should be bomb testers or crash test dummies.
    Last edited by smokeywolf; 11-27-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I remember a time when folks just minded their own business.
    BRAVO, well said. Bad enough the lefty loons want to tell everyone what to do, let's not let it infect us (unless it's a danger to US !)

Banned

I agree. Even though I did do hearing damage to my dog by having him around the shooting bench to much. never crossed my mind till the damage was done. That said if someone would have said something to me about it I would have probably not so nicely told them to mind there own business. It isn't your kids or your dog. Complaining about it to others is just feeding the anti's!
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I remember a time when folks just minded their own business.

Boolit Master
    Might be a consideration that talking to the owner of the quarry about such things will lead to the whole place being posted as, "No Trespassing!", or the like, & then you, as well as others, are out another place to shoot.

I have seen that happen more than once around here...

May want to just, "Let sleeping dogs lie", in this situation & maybe consider finding something else to do, or just forget about it, than "stir the pot". Sometimes the best meant intentions end up with disastrous results.
    Your trying to "fix" something, may lead to it getting broken or not work at all...

Again, G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Saw it myself at the WMA in GA when I used to shoot there. One guy had 2 young kids out there and they were crying (grimacing and tears) due to the noise. Ridiculous
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

In Remembrance
    Regulations at a rock quarry, I think I have done heard it all now.
    I reckon I am with the mind your own business crowd.

I don't have a dog anymore, but at one time in the distance past had a squirrel dog or two, anytime I walked out of the house with a gun, they were rearing to go.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Who owns the quarry where you shoot? Any way of getting with the owner, explaining your concerns and together, having a sign made as far as requirements to shoot there? i.e. - no hearing protection for all people present as well as animals = no shooting, etc. I know there are those who make a habit of ignoring signs and let's face it, there are a lot of just plain stupid people out there, but perhaps some sort of rules posted would at least help in a few cases.
    FIFY
    Jim

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I know of at least 2 rock quarries where you aren't allowed on the place without a full insurance workup and signing a liability waiver - If you asked the owner at those places, they might be basically "forced" to close the place down as a range, insurance companies aren't very friendly to most fun behaviors such as shooting...

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately it only takes that one time for hearing loss!
    I was as a young sprout, brought up on an Air Force base in Texas. Mom would roll me out to watch Dad fly out. No protection as nobody thought about it. Living with issues to this day.
    I believe dogs put up with it to make their masters happy.
    Eddie17

Boolit Master

Just my .02 if someone puts up a sign of any sort stating anything about shooting then the owner has then acknowledged that it is known there is shooting there and opens him or herself up to liability. I'm very carful to protect my shooting area by not bring attention or burdening the owner with problems that he wouldn't necessarily feel strongly about. My reasoning is if he just shuts it down then he doesn't have to worry about any problems. As far as shooting without hearing protection, our crowd generally has extra for the occasional visitor. Unfortunately the dog can't pick it's owner. Some folks just will never get it.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Go ahead and put up a sign. My guess is that it will attack some fool, who will have to shoot it full of holes to protect himself.

We see this on road signs all over the west. Rural Colorado has some of the deadliest signs in the lower 48 states I guess. TPFIC
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Go ahead and put up a sign. My guess is that it will attack some fool, who will have to shoot it full of holes to protect himself.

We see this on road signs all over the west. Rural Colorado has some of the deadliest signs in the lower 48 states I guess. TPFIC
    That's what happens when you legalize drugs and all the wackos from Kali move in. "Stoned and armed" ---- what a combo !

Boolit Master
    Mutt muffs! http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/mut...rotection.html

My old boss used to fly with his golden retriever every day. That dog had more flight hours than most pilots.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    As hank William's said mind your own business and you won't be minding mine. Its not your kid and not your dog !!! My god have liberals got even us thinking we know better and must run others life.

Boolit Master

From a little different perspective: I was shooting with a friend once out on public land, and there was a family there shooting. The adults were shooting without hearing protection and the kids were plugging their ears with their fingers.

My friend got a little zip lock bag of earplugs out of his shooting bag and politely offered them. They gladly accepted and were very appreciative, said they had just never thought about using them while shooting!

Boolit Master
    A long time ago far far away I started shooting without ear plug or any hearing protection. Not sure hearing protection was available back then. At least it wasn't in common use. I have 75 year old ears. If I can't hear it is more because of age than shooting. My dogs hunt without hearing protection. I have taken dogs shooting. My biggest concern was keeping them safely behind the firing line. Have and had dogs that hated the 4 of July. They get drugs on the Forth and don't go hunting or to the range. As soon as they fit my children wore ear"mops". As infants there was no hearing protection that fit them and wife wouldn't leave them home alone. They just stayed back from the firing line. Public ranges that I have been to require hearing protection , for people. Hunting dogs do not wear hearing protection, their owners want them to hear commands. I have had lots of hunting dogs and they have had no hearing problems. My biggest concern has been to make sure that they do not become gun shy.

Boolit Master

4 shotguns shooting 2 or 3 shells each in concert every time a flight comes in or a covey is flushed.
    Hunting scenario is not limited exposure.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast