WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new record for background checks

Boolit Grand Master

A new record for background checks

While the market may be down it looks like people are still buying.....in large numbers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/361...n-black-friday

I didn't add to the number on Black Friday. But I did make a purchase on Saturday. There are a lot of deals out there if you have the money.

Too many people have decided they want to own guns, the liberals will never get this cat in the bag again.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    Too many people have decided they want to own guns, the liberals will never get this cat in the bag again.
    I hope so. I know I've educated a lot of people. It's a case of if you don't know then you don't know when the media is lying to you.

Boolit Master

According to the media, it's mostly "super owners" buying them all: a smaller percentage of the population buying a larger percentage of the guns.

Boolit Master
    I be super.

Boolit Master

I don't consider myself a "super owner" , but thinking about it, I bought four guns this year! Wow, it's like molds, they just seem to multiply when you aren't watching.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I be super.
    By their definition I'm one as well. Every time I go into a LGS I see someone purchasing a gun for the first time. So it's not just "super owners".

Banned

when you can buy a savage target rifle for 200$ how could you not get one? or two, if you have the cash available.

Boolit Master
    I see a plethora of first timers or otherwise new people at the gun counters here. Obviously not every one of them are taking a gun home but lots are and the ones that might not have at that moment are at least walking that path. They are st the gun counters, gun show tables and at the range and that makes me smile! I have at least been personally responsible for a few people becoming 1st time owners and some of that lot has gone back and bought a handful more! I'm always willing to let others try my guns out and inviting people to come shoot or come check out a match event! I try to bring people into the light, it's imperative that we keep the ball rolling!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    when you can buy a savage target rifle for 200$ how could you not get one? or two, if you have the cash available.
    I passed them up for $220 at Cabelas. I don't need another 308 and I'm not interested in the other cartridges. Probably should buy two of them as first hunting rifles for my sons. But they will sit unused and I'm already at the point where I need to sell some off, like that's gonna happen, or buy yet another safe.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I suspect the media LIKE to tell themselves stories and - like "Popcorn" Sutton - They never EVER let the truth get in the way of a 'good story'. Of course, I might've bought one or two guns recently but do know new purchasers too. (And one friend, oh man, his family - who live in several separate houses - have "a" defense handgun... Uhm IMO they're doing that wrong... Works betterer to have a handgun & shotgun per family member, in suburbia you can "make do" with those, just practice practice practice practice practice... They seem a smidge naive to me.)

Boolit Master
    I'm a 'super owner' but I'm surrounded by people who are buying their first or second guns.

My 70 year old mother recently decided she wanted her CCW. She's been shooting twice in the last 2 years, which are the only times she's shot a gun since her childhood on her parents farm. Now she's talking about a CCW piece, and a shotgun for the house.

I know a half a dozen other people who have become first time gun buyers in the last 2-3 years as well.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

I know a lot of first timers. I have two sisters who got their CCW. They both carry. One is a bus driver and carries on the bus. Says she wants to be able to shoot back if someone tries to shoot the kids on the bus (It is legal to carry and drive a bus here). The other sister has a Shield and just bought a second gun. Now her husband wants to get a gun.

In the last 45 days, I've helped 2 female friends get their first guns. One for hunting, the other for EDC. I think it's great, people are getting fed up.
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!

Even my sister, a more charming liberal you'll never meet, in the last year purchased both a shotgun and a revolver. She took great umbrage that her ability to exercise choice in the matter was being crimped. She may never shoot them, never having the slightest interest in doing so, but felt that as it was her right as a Citizen to bear arms- NOT owning them was an endorsement for big brother.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master
    I am seeing both super buyers and new buyers at the counter. The super buyers are always looking out for another purchase opportunity to add to the herd. The new buyers frequently claim their recently bought semi-auto pistol won't function correctly. After I clean and test fire their pistol and find no malfunctions I get to demonstrate to the owner the correct grip and posture required to make these machines function. And a good time was had by all.

Banned
    Define super owner . Is a super owner assumed to be one with more than two firearms? I'll pass on the $200 Savage rifle in favor of something better.

Boolit Grand Master

There was an article that started the "super owner" name. It was published when Obama was still in office. A google search should find it quite easily. It was reposted by a lot of news outlets.

Boolit Master
    I think it was someone who owned 17 or more guns? or 34, or something like that.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    That few? :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast