Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: Scottish shortbread cookies

Banned

Scottish shortbread cookies

These melt in your mouth and are hazardous to your waistline.

SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD----------2X----------4X
    8 oz. plain flour (1 ¾ c)..............3 ½ C.......7 C
    4 oz. corn starch........................8 oz.........16 oz
    4 oz. confectioner’s sugar............8 oz.........16 oz
    pinch salt
    8 oz. butter (½ lb.)............16 oz. (1LB).....32 oz. (2LB)
    a little water
    Mix flour, corn starch, sugar and salt into bowl and work in butter until all is worked and smooth. Divide mixture into two and roll like 2 Polish sausages and roll in soft brown sugar. Wrap in waxed paper grease proof and put in fridge for 1 or 2 hours. Take out and cut into biscuit shape. Put back in fridge overnight. Cook at 350 degrees electric for 25 to 40minutes or until LITE golden brown.

(I let the butter soften first and use turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar)

For different size batches (2x the recipe, 4x the recipe. The friend I got this from used to sell them every Christmas, she had a large customer base. these are harmful to your waistline.
    Last edited by Grmps; 01-09-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    Oh yeah... Gonna have to try this one myself.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Merry Christmas!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

First coconut cookies now this. You sir do my waistline no good at all!

We must have similar tastes. I love a good shortbread cookie.

My grandmother quoting HER grandmother insisted that "shortbread" wasn't fit to eat until it had been "aged" in an air tite container for at least a year!

My other grandmother was quoted as saying that it was not "Scottish" shortbread unless the flour mix included some barley flour.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    These melt in your mouth and are hazardous to your waistline.

SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD 2 4
    8 oz. plain flour (1 ¾ c) 3 ½ C 7 C
    4 oz. corn starch 8 oz. 16 oz
    4 oz. confectioner’s sugar 8 oz. 16 oz
    pinch salt
    8 oz. butter (½ lb.) 16 oz. (1LB) 32 oz. (2LB)
    a little water
    Mix flour, corn starch, sugar and salt into bowl and work in butter until all is worked and smooth. Divide mixture into two and roll like 2 Polish sausages and roll in soft brown sugar. Wrap in waxed paper grease proof and put in fridge for 1 or 2 hours. Take out and cut into biscuit shape. Put back in fridge overnight. Cook at 350 degrees electric for 25 to 40minutes or until LITE golden brown.

(I let the butter soften first and use turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar) PB
    Grmps what are the extra quantities for? To make 1 doz; 2 doz, 3 dozen cookies? Thanks, Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Banned
    extra quantities for making more cookies; 2x and 4x the original recipe

Almost nothing transforms such a simple and humble list of ingredients into such greatness as do shortbread cookies.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.