Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lost a good friend this week

Lost a good friend this week

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	208489
    Lost my Chocolate Lab CoCo this week. She had cancer and was not doing too good. I had planned to take her to the vet and put her down after my son came home from college on Wednesday to say goodbye to her. He was about an hour out when I heard a weird noise.
    She was trying to stand up but couldn't and it was almost like she was trying to swim. I got down and held her head and she started wagging her tail and grunting like she does when she is happy. She looked me right in the eyes and then she had a large spasm and she passed away. I got her as a rescue when she was 9 months old and had the privilege of being her com-padre for 11 years.
    She was the matriarch of our family and like a mother to my 2 boy dogs, a Golden and a Yellow
    lab. We all miss her and hope she is enjoying herself now and glad she is not feeling anymore pain. Miss you CoCo.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Banned
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. May she occupy a special place in heaven waiting for you to come back to her.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

You have my deepest sympathy. The death of one of my animals has always been the most difficult passings for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear about your loss. She knew she was loved!

Lost a good friend this week

Thank you everyone for the kind words. She was an amazing dog. She was one heck of a guard dog and was a great protector of the family and my other dogs. But she was sweet and kind and giving to anyone she loved.
    I️ am so saddened by her passing but I️ am so thankful for the time I️ was allowed to spend with her.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss, enjoy your memory’s.

Boolit Master
    So sorry to hear of your loss!
    R.D.M.

Sorry for your lost ,it is one week ago today I lost my .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    Sorry for your lost ,it is one week ago today I lost my .
    Thank you Trapper. What was your loss one week ago?

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss. Dogs are amazing.

Banned

In my opinion my dogs were second only to my children in the greatest gifts God gave me in my life and to be honest probably gave me more unconditional love back then even they did. Hopefully shes up there playing with my last lab "Elmer" who was as good of a dog that has ever lived. the dog that is and always will be in my avatar. Sounds like theyd make good friends.

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss. They are truly members of the family.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

I lost my 15 year old schnauzer about a month ago.....I know what you are going through and you do have my sympathy for your loss.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm really sorry you lost a good friend . Been there several times and it's hard .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    So sorry to hear of your loss and it is never easy to lose such a good friend. It's kind of strange sometimes how things work out. You may have been the "master", but CoCo was in charge of things and I think she planned it the way she wanted it. You gave her a good loving secure home and had so many good times together. You were able to be with her when she passed and sh knew you were there from her responses to you, and then she knew it was time to leave and it she saved you the heartache of having a hand in it. You both gave each other a great gift of love and I'm a firm believer that when our time comes, we will once again be greeted by our four legged friends that we so loved in this world.

My condolences to you and your family and may the good memories you have of her help provide you and your family with some comfort. My wife and I didn't have kids but we have had many good and loving dogs through the years and it's never easy.

Boolit Buddy

so sorry for your loss. we had to put our lab down earlier this year. Lloyd is right about dogs being a gift

Moderator Emeritus

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Boolit Buddy
    sorry for your loss . I lost my best buddy rosco a 7 yr old st Bernard mix a little almost 2 yrs ago and it was hard . after he passed I said I wasn't getting another dog .but a few months later my daughter got ahold of me about a shepherd / lab mix named Oakley that a friend of a friend had she was kept cooped up in a kennel 20 + hours a day and wasn't treated very well what littler time out of the kennel she was aloud . after I was told of the abuse and neglect I told my daughter that if the owner was willing to surrender to get her out of there and bring her home without even seeing her. the next day my daughter and a friend pull up in my driveway with Oakley in the car . you could tell she wasn't socialized she was terrified of everything .she plopped to the ground when they got her out of the car and screamed (dog scream) when anyone tried to touch her . I laid on the ground with her talked to her, pet her , fed her treats till I could get her coaxed into the yard and the gate closed she sniffed around a bit then started to play and run around with our other dog a 4 yr old shepherd husky mix . it took a decent amount of time and working with her to get her not so scared of everything . we have had her a little over a year now shes a big baby and the wife says I spoil her and the other dog but oh well . there both great dogs but I still miss rosco

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0651.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	208674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	208675