RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I scored a new production unicorn gun!

Boolit Master
    I think that's a pretty cool looking gun, and I am a slightly older dude who likes steel guns (S&W pinned and recessed). Quality just oozes off it. Not a criticism, but I think it would have more of a balanced look if they didn't have the rail on the bottom. I sure wouldn't let this stop me from buying it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of enjoyment from it and that's the most important thing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    I think that's a pretty cool looking gun, and I am a slightly older dude who likes steel guns (S&W pinned and recessed). Quality just oozes off it. Not a criticism, but I think it would have more of a balanced look if they didn't have the rail on the bottom. I sure wouldn't let this stop me from buying it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of enjoyment from it and that's the most important thing.
    Thanks for the encouragement! It is very well made and it looks the part! The machining and finishing work is very well done! With having my foot in the door of competition pistol shooting, USPSA that is, there are some incredible custom guns in that game. Guns that while are made to race, are verrrrry well made and some of the tightest fitting and oiled glass slick mechanicals. The H9 has that oiled glass, silky smoothness when you run the slide that the high-end comp guns do. They probably could have thinned down the recoil assembly area as you mentioned. With the 1913 pic rail, I understand the dimensions. This wouldn't be my choice to slap a weapon light on because it is in a weird spot and too chunky then. It does strike me as a perfect platform to design a guiderod tac light if there ever was a gun made for it. Perhaps that is on a drawing board somewhere? It's still a "toy" for me, It's perfectly carryable if a guy wants but that's not why I got it. I like the uniqueness and forward thinking that created it and being well executed is a big bonus.

I pretty much like guns of all flavors; steel & wood, stainless, polymer, etc, but my heart is rooted in military classics. My collection runs the gamut to prove that. I just got one of the newest hot items on the market but sitting right next to my bench is my 1878 Swiss Vetterli and a Winchester 94'. I'm in the process of converting Magtech 32ga. brass shot shells to 41 Swiss right now as a matter of fact. I shoot a stripped down custom S&W M&P 9L as a USPSA Open Division gun but right next to it sits an older S&W 4" Model 64 DAO that I hammer out IDPA stages with or with my 686. Last Sunday I shot my 5906 TSW instead. I just love guns, guns of all types! I'm on the prowl now for few others; a clean Manurhin MR73 Target model, a clean S&W Model 52-2, and a clean 3.5" Model 27 Highway Patrolman. I'm a S&W nut too and pinned and recessed is the best flavor! I'd like to build a 3rd pattern Brown Bess or Charleville Musket in the near future. I've shot a few rock-locks and twas bitten by that bug too! Diversity is a good word for my collection and anything might catch my eye. The Mantra I live by is do what makes you happy within reason and on the right side of the law. Life's too short to dread or sweat things, make the best of it. I enjoy the heck out of my guns as part of that theme!

Where abouts do you do jet interior work if you don't mind me asking?
    I happen be an A&P mech. specializing in cooperate business jets myself! I sure end up pulling/installing plenty of interiors, more than I care but it beats rolling around in Skydrol! I miss experimental flight test though, we didn't have "interiors" in those puppies!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I don't understand what niche this pistol fills? Seems like it's to big for CCW, to heavy for LEOs
    Military is past steel pistols for expense reasons if nothing else, it would have to go aways for
    target. I guess it's about like having a custom gun built, if it makes you happy that's all that
    counts.
    It's someone's dream project
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123