MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingStainLess Steel MediaRepackbox
Lee PrecisionGraf & SonsWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kudo's to Lee

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
    What Red Bear said, about Lee, the only problem I've had with them is when they discontinue a product, parts are no longer available! I had bought an older Lee Pro 1000 Press that is missing the hexagonal front column/post, and ordered in the post from Lee. So where do I find one of the old, hexagonal front column/post, so I can get to use the press that I paid good money for? Lots of luck on that one--
    First of all why is a structural post missing? There are three of them on the press, with one missing it is pretty much useless. Did you buy it this way?
    I would suggest contacting Titan Reloading, they are one of this sites sponsors. They may have some NOS. parts. Another would be Factory Sales.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
    What Red Bear said, about Lee, the only problem I've had with them is when they discontinue a product, parts are no longer available! I had bought an older Lee Pro 1000 Press that is missing the hexagonal front column/post, and ordered in the post from Lee. The one they sent me was not the post for my press, it is for their current model, and will not fit my press. When I called them for the older style post, they said it's no longer available, and that they would sell me a new Pro 1000, for 1/2 price-- they charge FULL list for any of their products, and getting a new press from them would be almost as expensive as buying it from Midway. You also have to pay the shipping.
    So where do I find one of the old, hexagonal front column/post, so I can get to use the press that I paid good money for? Lots of luck on that one--
    You could always gift it to me and I could make a replacement post in 2 or 3 years.

Boolit Bub

i have to admit for the price lee really does good stuff. I think their dies are quite good for the money although with my long range loads their seaters are not very consistent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12