RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudo's to Lee

Boolit Grand Master

Kudo's to Lee

Both of my oft used "Lee - Zip Trims" went south around the same time. Unable to tell how many thousands of cases have been trimmed by these little gizmos, but be assured it's up there.

Sent them both to Lee with a letter explaining the issues, at hand, and asked for services billed to me for any related charges.

Both replaced & returned no charge. You can't beat that. Thanks, Lee.

Always a pleasure to hear when a Company steps up when they aren't obligated to..

Boolit Master
    Bring back the zip trim, bring back the zip trim!!

Boolit Master

I've got a zip trim, but don't use it anymore. It's easier to Chuck up a cordless drill, and go to town.

Boolit Master
    Cordless drill for me too

Boolit Buddy
    Kudos to you for posting this. Lee takes quite a beating on some other forums that I frequent. I read the rants and move along. I use all Lee equipment and have never had any issues. It's always good to read something positive when most people are quicker to post their complaints.

I broke my carrier on my loadmaster not paying attention.

They sent me a new one.

I lost some parts to my power measures and they told me to order whatever i want from the site and its free.

I can't see a reason to buy from another Name.
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Zip trim didn't work well for me. On the other hand, the Lee hand-held cutter with a 3-jaw chuck in a drill outperforms any other trimming set-up I've tried...

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Gtrubicon and I were in his shop yesterday testing a new Lee Perfect Powder Measure on CFE Pistol, 700X & Unique and I have to say that I am mighty impressed.
    Of course, it wasn't tried as it comes right out of the box but...it was cleaned well, lubed with dry graphite inside and the handle knob was removed and lubed inside on it's friction surfaces against the measure arm. For what it is mechanically, it worked exceptionally well.
    CFE threw the best, believe it or not that powder threw right on the money time after time. We'd throw 10 throws at a time then weighed it and many times it would come out .1'th of a grain over on the summation of the ten throws...that's accuracy to the hundreth of a grain after dividing by ten. Amazing.
    The other powders didn't do as well because in the order I listed them, they are successively larger...but overall it threw as well or better than my old standby, the RCBS Uniflow.

I have to say ole Lee is getting their act together these days!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Most of my tools are Lee stuff and most was purchased used. My only real disappointment so far has been the Auto Drum measure which I purchased new. It's not quite a year old but I've had it back to Lee twice for repairs. Both times it was returned quickly and only cost me postage there. I do like the Drum and the way it meters but am disappointed by it's lack of durability. At this point I have gone back to using my Disk measures.

If Lee would beef up the Drum measure and make it more durable I would pay more for one.

Boolit Buddy
    I have both Lee and RCBS equipment. I can say that sometimes Lee has replaced parts at no charge and shipped for free. But sometimes they have charged me for the parts. 100% of the time, RCBS has sent me everything I needed for free no questions asked. Even when it was my fault. The last instance was I bought a used RCBS Rangemaster 750 digital scale. It was bare, missing all loose parts. I called RCBS to order the missing parts expecting to be billed. All parts were sent for free. /Chris

Always great to hear when a company stands behind their products.

Quote Originally Posted by 10gaOkie View Post
    I have both Lee and RCBS equipment. I can say that sometimes Lee has replaced parts at no charge and shipped for free. But sometimes they have charged me for the parts. 100% of the time, RCBS has sent me everything I needed for free no questions asked. Even when it was my fault. The last instance was I bought a used RCBS Rangemaster 750 digital scale. It was bare, missing all loose parts. I called RCBS to order the missing parts expecting to be billed. All parts were sent for free. /Chris
    But remember, RCBS is Lifetime, Lee is not. Therein lies the big difference some folks fail to acknowledge.

I had a quick trim die that wore out the bushing that holds the case, Titan informed Lee when I purchased, Lee mailed me one. The one thing I have heard of biting people on the backside is if you decide to order additional items the shipping is no longer free. If the only item is the warranty/service part then no charge for shipping. If you decide while I'm at it I'll order another primer cup or anything else then the order system adds in shipping costs for th e whole order. Bad news if your warranty part was heavy or bulky.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by 10gaOkie View Post
    The last instance was I bought a used RCBS Rangemaster 750 digital scale. It was bare, missing all loose parts. I called RCBS to order the missing parts expecting to be billed. All parts were sent for free. /Chris
    Chris I don't mean to point you out or anything, I understand this and see it talked about constantly, all well and good but I would feel and have felt it wrong to have parts replaced for free when I knew they were missing before I bought it. but again that's just me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Chris I don't mean to point you out or anything, I understand this and see it talked about constantly, all well and good but I would feel and have felt it wrong to have parts replaced for free when I knew they were missing before I bought it. but again that's just me.
    In that case, never buy an RCBS product unless it is new in the box. Since RCBS will not sell replacement parts,, that is your only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    In that case, never buy an RCBS product unless it is new in the box. Since RCBS will not sell replacement parts,, that is your only choice.
    I understand that is their policy and I give them great credit for doing it. It's just me that feels I am getting something under false pretense and would not feel harmed one bit by having to pay for missing used parts.. I guess that meant that I wouldn't quit buying their product if I had to pay for missing used parts.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I use Lee a lot . same single stage classic for almost forty years. Powder measure works great after lapping and deburring and prefer Lee scale as it is just easier for me to use. Had to go with rcbs for sizing . pan lubeing and using Lee sizers got old. Never had to return anything to Lee as nothing I use has ever broken. As far as I am concerned they are top rate.

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    What Red Bear said, about Lee, the only problem I've had with them is when they discontinue a product, parts are no longer available! I had bought an older Lee Pro 1000 Press that is missing the hexagonal front column/post, and ordered in the post from Lee. The one they sent me was not the post for my press, it is for their current model, and will not fit my press. When I called them for the older style post, they said it's no longer available, and that they would sell me a new Pro 1000, for 1/2 price-- they charge FULL list for any of their products, and getting a new press from them would be almost as expensive as buying it from Midway. You also have to pay the shipping.
    So where do I find one of the old, hexagonal front column/post, so I can get to use the press that I paid good money for? Lots of luck on that one--

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Lee takes quite a beating on some other forums that I frequent. I read the rants and move along. I use all Lee equipment and have never had any issues. It's always good to read something positive when most people are quicker to post their complaints.
    Got news for ya, Lee takes a pretty good beating on THIS forum too. Lots of Lee haters here. Affordable things just CAN'T be any good ya know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast