Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Cast w/ NEW (old) Ballisti cast 2.

Boolit Buddy

First Cast w/ NEW (old) Ballisti cast 2.

I finally got the wireing hooked up to my therms. on my (new to me) Ballisti MK-2,,( thank's to Hatch,and this forum) brought the heat up slooowly . There were (are) 4 set's of mould's already in the unit,, they are Hensley & Gibbs-Ballistiast's,heat @ 685 deg. ,flipped the drive sw.,pulled the lever dn. by hand, watched the 2 tips fill ,,had mtr. speed set slow,,poured perfect (as far as I know). This unit has been setting idle for almost 4 yrs. ( It did not leak at the tip's -nozzles ). I have no use for the moulds in it,,they are for muzzle loader's ,, I shoot 40/60 winchester .406 dia. 200-210 gn. & 245gn.,rnfp . I need a little help in getting some mould's to fit my unit new OR used . PM's or E-mail ok.

Later,,,,Hootmix.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/index.php Tom will make molds for the Ballisticast. You just have to find sprue plates to fit.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey VH,,think the plates off the one's I got would work ??

Later,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    Yep. They will work. BUT... you can buy new plates and mounting keys from Northern Valley Ballistics.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Hope the OP don't mind me shooting in a question.....

I have no moulds front Tom at accuratemolds.com, but I m thinking of buying a set for my magma caster.

Does Tom make moulds with different outside dia for Magma and Ballisti-Cast? I have moulds made by Magma and NVM and their are different so they can't just be installed into the machine and expect them to work. I've given up my NVM moulds in my Bullet Master because of all the work of adjusting the machine to get it to work.

In other words, for me to use accuratemolds they have to be like the Magma moulds so I can swap them around without a lot of work to my machine to make it work with one different mould set.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Swapping the sprue plates are the easy part. Installing shims around the machine to get moulds with different outside measurements to work, that's too much work for me. I've learned one thing with theese machines, if you got the pouring adjusted right, don't touch it if you don't have to!

Last edited by hunter74; 11-26-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey all,, will be calling around the next day or so,,asking question's,,price's & availability . I'm sure someone on this forum has been down "our road before" w/ the same problem's maybe they'll chime in. 74,,you are 1000% right if it flow's "right" leave it alone.

Later,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    Accurate molds make molds for both the Ballist and Magma machines.
    Each is specific to that machine. (no swapping)
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Aus,,I think the real answer ,,as much as we don't really want to admit it,,"it's expensive ",,but twice as much if we have to do it "twice". will most likely have to send my mould's, to ,,who ever ,,with my spec's. Will no more after tomorrow,,,"Ausglock",,just gave me (us) a sound piece of advice,,i'm go'n use it.

Later,,,,Hootmix

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Accurate molds make molds for both the Ballist and Magma machines.
    Each is specific to that machine. (no swapping)
    So what you are saying is, if I buy a mould set from Tom for my BM, they are identical outside to my Magma moulds, so I don't have to install or take out shims to get them to work? If so I'll try out a set.

Does he provide mounting keys or do I have to get them from Magma?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post
    So what you are saying is, if I buy a mould set from Tom for my BM, they are identical outside to my Magma moulds, so I don't have to install or take out shims to get them to work? If so I'll try out a set.

Does he provide mounting keys or do I have to get them from Magma?

Yes.
    If you go to hie website and start the buying process, it asks you auto or manual? Magma or Ballist blocks.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    ALRIGHT,,ALRIGHT,,I'm up ,,hard to sleep with all this talk'n,,Aus ,,thank's,,the book doesn't say what psi to set the regulator at, just to hold 120 psi at the tank,,can't get the air plunger to activate. Book say's the old-er units had solenoid's . "Coffee's ready ".

Later,,,,Hotmix.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post
    Swapping the sprue plates are the easy part. Installing shims around the machine to get moulds with different outside measurements to work, that's too much work for me. I've learned one thing with theese machines, if you got the pouring adjusted right, don't touch it if you don't have to!

Take your mold keys to the nearest machine shop. Any competent machinist can either surface grind the mold keys or simply mill them to provide the correct fit and function. Like I mentioned to you it isn't hard to install shims. My MKIV isn't that different than your MKX in terms of adjusting so you can use either molds.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post
    ALRIGHT,,ALRIGHT,,I'm up ,,hard to sleep with all this talk'n,,Aus ,,thank's,,the book doesn't say what psi to set the regulator at, just to hold 120 psi at the tank,,can't get the air plunger to activate. Book say's the old-er units had solenoid's . "Coffee's ready ".

Later,,,,Hotmix.
    Is there a limit switch to activate the pour valve? Mine has it controlled by proximity sensor.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy

Later,,,,Hotmix.
    On my Bullet Master I run 80 psi on the regulator in on the machine. It looks like that's the pouring and sprue knocker. The bullet knockers in the bottom of the machine is unregulated on mine and gets about 125, give or take..... It works.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Aus,,yes sir ,,finally figured out where the wire's went.Still no air,,,like I mentioned,, this unit set a spell,,mud dobber's got in the regulator stopped it up,,pulled apart cleaned,,set at 12 psi ,,need's about 15-19 psi to pull plunger down. Will no more tonite,there is a lever sw. next to the pinion gear,the pinion trip's the sw., it open's the sw. to the valve sw.,,,that is connected to a timer control ( neat stuff,,,huh) "coffee's ready

Later,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey to all,,made bullet's this evening,,got every thing to flowing ( hope I don't jinx it ) Aus ,,had to set air reg, at 30-35 psi.,dial in the lead control (don't know how to do the pic's here). Hey hunter74,,what cal. NVM mould's are you use'n?
    "Coffee's Ready"

Later,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey hunter74,,what cal. NVM mould's are you use'n?
    "Coffee's Ready"

Later,,,,Hootmix.
    I bought my NVM Mark-X first so I had a lot of moulds for it. I have sold some, but som are left. I believe I have some for 9mm, 38, 32 and 45. I have 2 moulds of some and 4 of some. If you are interested, shoot me a pm and I'll snap you some pics. These I'm selling cheap, they are just laying in my shop gathering dust.

Boolit Master
    Hunter. I wouldn't mind seeing what you are selling too.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent

Moulds are listed under the sale section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast