RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Exchange Thingy-Ma-Bob 2017

Boolit Grand Master

Christmas Gift Exchange Thingy-Ma-Bob 2017

I think that with Thanksgiving in the rear view mirror it's time for the annual Gift Exchange. As in the past years I'll borrow
    Love Life's original posting

With Christmas trees already on the shelves I reckoned I would get a gift exchange going. Here are the rules:

1) No broken or damaged stuff is to be offered
    2) Offeree is to pay shipping to the person who wants the gift
    3) Person who takes a gift must put up a gift for someone else to choose
    4) No need to have a "Need" to get a gift
    5) Gifts must be posted publicly on this thread and "I'll take it" for whatever gift must be posted on this thread so everybody can keep track

Goals of this exchange are to:
    A) Get rid of stuff in your garage!
    B) Aid a fellow caster/reloader/shooter
    C) Have fun and spread some cheer!

Remember: post the I'll take it, put something else up and PM the giver with your info. No PM, no gift!

I'll start it off:

I will put up 50 45LC Brass as the first gift to whomever want's it and has something to exchange.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Vendor Sponsor

JonP

lets get this party started ..

I will take your 50 45 LC cases and raise you 30 Winchester once fired 30-06

Also PM on the way
    Thanks
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

It's all yours, Smoke4320 and don't forget to say Merry Christmas

come on, folks. 83 views and one offer? It doesn't have to be much, anything will do in the spirit of Christmas.

Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas !

I will offer a set of factory wood grips that were taken off a Ruger Redhawk (these will NOT fit a Super Redhawk).
    The wood looks like Rosewood...or rose colored wood?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Merry Christmas !

I will offer a set of factory wood grips that were taken off a Ruger Redhawk (these will NOT fit a Super Redhawk).
    The wood looks like Rosewood...or rose colored wood?
    I'll take the Redhawk grips. PM on the way. I'll get my Christmas gift posted in an hour or so. Have to get into my storage room and make sure it's still there.

Boolit Master

GIFT IS THE STOCK ONLY, MAUSER ACTION IN PHOTO NOT INCLUDED

Have an unfinished walnut Mauser sporter stock. Its one of the stocks in photos, not sure which. Numrich claimed the stock is 90-95% inletted. If you have a Parker Hale (except those built with FN action) Wards, Foremost, Santa Barbra or many of the 1950 through late 70's commercial Mauser only minor fitting needed.

Gift is good to any established Cast Boolit member with a USPS zip code. If you're not in the USA, help with the overseas postage will be appreciated.

I'M NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT GO TO SOMEBODY THAT CAN PUT IT TO USE.
    Last edited by azrednek; 11-26-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to keep the gifts within a comparable value.

For instance,

Don't accept $100 worth of something with the intention of giving $5 worth of something.

You all have a good idea of the value of an item.
    comparable value isn't the point. taking something as a gift and giving something is. In the past few years it's worked out pretty good. People put up what they have and that's fine whether it's an old scope or 20pcs of brass, a set of unused dies, odd number of jwords left over from a project, doesn't matter. It's the gift that counts not the value

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    comparable value isn't the point. taking something as a gift and giving something is. In the past few years it's worked out pretty good. People put up what they have and that's fine whether it's an old scope or 20pcs of brass, a set of unused dies, odd number of jwords left over from a project, doesn't matter. It's the gift that counts not the value
    Fact.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    I'll take the Redhawk grips. PM on the way. I'll get my Christmas gift posted in an hour or so. Have to get into my storage room and make sure it's still there.
    I've been offline for the last 25 hours.
    I got your PM and I will ship the grips out in the couple days.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

I agree value doesn't need to be comparable, but it does need to have value, otherwise it just sits. Think about it in terms of will it bring joy to the person when it arrives, if it would make you happy to open the package and see the item then it is probably a good choice. An item you would purchase yourself and not mind paying the $7 shipping cost is another good guideline.

Now I need to do some thinking.... Hmmm.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas ! (number 2)

I will offer another set of wood grips. BUT, these are a different story.

These will fit a New Model Ruger Blackhawk.

They are hand made walnut,
    Left side has a Ruger black eagle emblem inset (just like factory).
    The Right side also has a Ruger black eagle emblem inset, as well as, a nickel sized oval inset made of turquoise (or turquoise-like?) carving (or molded, if fake turquoise), I didn't make these, so I can't vouch for what the green stuff actually is...looks like turquoise...on second thought maybe it's Jade? but whatever it is? It has the image of the "Heads" side of a Buffalo nickel.

These are thinner than factory grips that I've had on other RBH guns, which is nice for small hands or if you just prefer a thin grip. These handmade grips are nicely done, at first glance they look like factory grips with a turquoise inset added, but when you look closely, even a novice gun collector can see these were hand made.

Now the down-side, the color tone of the wood on the right side is considerably darker than the left side, like the wood came from different trees?

Anyway, I think these will make a unique and treasured Christmas gift.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 11-27-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are hand made walnut,
    Left side has a Ruger black eagle emblem inset (just like factory).
    The Right side also has a Ruger black eagle emblem inset, as well as, a nickel sized oval inset made of turquoise (or turquoise-like?) carving (or molded, if fake turquoise), I didn't make these, so I can't vouch for what the green stuff actually is...looks like turquoise...on second thought maybe it's Jade? but whatever it is? It has the image of the "Heads" side of a Buffalo nickel.

These are thinner than factory grips that I've had on other RBH guns, which is nice for small hands or if you just prefer a thin grip. These handmade grips are nicely done, at first glance they look like factory grips with a turquoise inset added, but when you look closely, even a novice gun collector can see these were hand made.

Now the down-side, the color tone of the wood on the right side is considerably darker than the left side, like the wood came from different trees?

Anyway, I think these will make a unique and treasured Christmas gift.
    I would love these IF they will fit the old style Vaquero in 45 colt. I have a feeling the new Black Hawk might be a match to the new Vaquero rather than the old style but am not sure. Someplace I read the BH was the old Vaquero with adjustable sights but don't know if that was new model BH or old.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I would love these IF they will fit the old style Vaquero in 45 colt. I have a feeling the new Black Hawk might be a match to the new Vaquero rather than the old style but am not sure. Someplace I read the BH was the old Vaquero with adjustable sights but don't know if that was new model BH or old.
    I've never owned a old style Vaquero (nor have I played with one owned by someone else)...So I have no idea if they will fit? These were take off's from a NM BH (45 colt).

Before my 2015 auction, I owned 3 Ruger NM BH guns in different calibers, these grips fit all those guns (obviously), that is all I know.

I did a search and found this on Ruger's website...they list serial number ranges, I can only assume that is the difference between Old and New Vaquero???
    http://shopruger.com/Single-Action-R...uctinfo/19880/
    But, since the grips I'm offering are handmade, I can't speak 100% to the interchangeability, but since Ruger factory grips are interchangeable, the "outline" of the wood should match, the only other thing would be, it there is some internal fitting? While they are flat, I don't know if there is a pin for alignment on the Vaquero or some other thingy?

Altamont's website mentions the XR3-RED frame...but there still could be the same issues that I mentioned with homemade grips.
    https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...ger/blackhawk/

Let me know if you want them.

But you should know, if you accept them, you will have to agree with all my ideas in regards to Taxation
    LOL...I am just kidding, I couldn't resist...LOL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll check the serial number. It is an older one. Big innovation was it no longer fired if dropped unlike the originals. Has a hammer that needs to be cocked to bring up shim that allows it to hit firing pin.

Aren't your views on taxation that you personally feel you should be doing more to fund the government? And aren't you in a group who all send an extra 10% just to "help out" with paying down the USA credit card? That was you right?

Well it looks like those pretty grips from JonB have a new home. Will put together a casters "care package" when I get home. Some goodies of the silver stream variety.

Moderator Emeritus

ref: post #12

...SNIP
    Well it looks like those pretty grips from JonB have a new home. Will put together a casters "care package" when I get home. Some goodies of the silver stream variety.
    I got your PM and I will ship the grips out in the couple days.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    I agree value doesn't need to be comparable, but it does need to have value, otherwise it just sits. Think about it in terms of will it bring joy to the person when it arrives, if it would make you happy to open the package and see the item then it is probably a good choice. An item you would purchase yourself and not mind paying the $7 shipping cost is another good guideline.

Now I need to do some thinking.... Hmmm.
    Items under 12 OZ (I believe) can be shipped for less than $4
    Large paded envelopes (free online) let you send more volume for the $

Boolit Master
    I will take the Mauser stock, I am going thru stuff to put something up. I have a 3 die set of Lachmiler dies in .380 I will be happy to send someone. As far as memory serves me they are un-used.
    Last edited by koehn,jim; 11-29-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    jim

Boolit Master
    Koehn, jim,

I wil take the .380 dies.

Thank you,

Adam

Pm sent
    Last edited by 1911sw45; 11-29-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Boolit Master
    For the .380 dies from koehn,jim.

I offer up 100 new Remington.223rem brass. These are factory new.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast