RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .02 cents 22lr ?

Boolit Master

Plug your cost in this calculator and see for yourself.
    https://www.measuringworth.com/ppowerus/
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    I think that when a carton of .22's were $8 , interest was 18-20%, i was selling corn for about $1.20 a bushel, and paying hospital bills on the herd of kids I was raising , I guess $25 sounds kind of cheap to me now!

Still $0.05 per round where I live. Bought a brick of 500 Federal 40gr. solids for $24.99 yesterday. $0.04998 ea. I think eventually I'll see these on sale in the same store (Bi-Mart) for $20 per brick, but I don't expect to ever see it lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I'm so old I remember a penny a shot but I'm not counting on ever seeing that again.
    I'm not that old, I am young enough my 6 year old great niece wants to go rock climbing with me again and I remember $3.15 a brick Federal shorts. My neighbor worked at the Chevy transmission plant in Toledo, I gave him the cash and he brought back a brick the next day.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    I remember when that cheap Russian 22LR ammo came into the country. Remember they had both brass and steel case? **** sanctions are hurting us shooters!
    how far back the "Junoir" days it was very cheap. Had to be because my dad would buy 50k rounds at a time which could get us through 2 summers. sometimes
    The last time he bought some it was I thing $230 for 50k rounds and Remington if you could find it in bulk I want to say was $500?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I'd settle for .49 a box like they were when I was a kid.
    i still had/have a box or 2 of 50 that was .49 cents

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I'd settle for .49 a box like they were when I was a kid.
    You have gotta be my age

Boolit Master
    There's a store in my neighborhood that still thinks a brick is worth $80... I know a lot of people sitting on tons of the stuff they paid through their teeth for. I never hoarded, just a few boxes when I wanted to shoot them. In the end it saved me enough money to buy some nice rifles.. I am enjoying shooting the .22 way more now than I did a few years back but I'm still not going to fill the garage with .22 ammo.
    (-:}

I have to admit that I had stocked up fairly heavy on 22lr prior to the panic because it was dirt cheap back then. I sold off most of what I had for $70/brick because that's what people were willing to pay at the time. Also sold a lot of 223 ammo and projectiles for ridiculous prices.

Boolit Buddy
    Our LGS's have a good supply of 22LR now, and prices seem reasonable, $2.99 for a box/50 Blazer. Not pre-panic levels, but the best I've seen in awhile. Surprisingly, they've also had GOOD supplies of 22 Short, Long, and WRF. I've been stocking up on the oddballs as I have a lot of 22's that will shoot these.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123