MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .02 cents 22lr ?

.02 cents 22lr ?

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/22...02-coming-soon

I can be live this as I have seen Eley target and Eley club (at Dicks off all places) for less then $6 a box of 50 , SK standard velocity can be had regular for $50 a brick, that being said, if the high end stuff is more available, and at a cheaper price, I think this is a marker for the entire Rim fire market, in order to compete or keep there market share, prices will come down and quality will go up....

Now let's get our favorite 22's and go plink with the kids

Aaron

Frankly I am very surprised it has dropped back as low as it has.

What that article does not talk about are the slowly over time increasing costs of production.
    Raw materials seldom go down long term, man power costs are only going to increase.

No company is going to run those machines in the red for other than a fairly short period.
    They will lock the doors, hand out pink slips and hope for better days.

I would not have bet the farm, but I would have placed a significant amount of cash on a bet that .22lr prices would not drop below something like 7 cents a round. And I'd of lost that bet.

But how low will it go? Back to prices of yesteryear? I have a hard time believing that.

Boolit Master

costs more than 2 cents a round to manufacture in the US. worked at federal a few years back, and it was over 2 cents to make a single rnd of 22lr. anything 4 cents and under a rnd is an absolute bargain, and is being sold at an extremely slim margin.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I don't mind 6 cents. As long as I can get em when I want some.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

I remember when that cheap Russian 22LR ammo came into the country. Remember they had both brass and steel case? **** sanctions are hurting us shooters!

Boolit Grand Master

$.04 a round was the norm for cheap bulk packs. I'm still not seeing them at $20 a brick. $25 and I can buy them. But that's still a 25% increase from prepanic prices. If the top end ammo is being sold for $.02 a round I will buy it in case lots.

Boolit Master

Oh, to see the box of 550 drop to $10.00 per box or less; yep - I'll be buying another 10,000 to 20,000 when that happens. Been lamenting the slowly depleting .22 stores in tour Ammo Locker for quite a few years now; and will look forward to filing those empty shelves again.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

I still have an 30 cal. ammo can or two (loose pack) of WW bought way back when wally world would have sales, something like 13-14 bucks/brick.
    Yes one lot per can.
    Unfortunately it is second least precise ammo I have in all of my guns.
    The recent Federal "?? Match" is just slightly less precise.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    $.04 a round was the norm for cheap bulk packs. I'm still not seeing them at $20 a brick. $25 and I can buy them. But that's still a 25% increase from prepanic prices. If the top end ammo is being sold for $.02 a round I will buy it in case lots.
    top end ammo wasnt as low as 2 cents a rnd 10+ years ago. when i was still shooting rf BR about 10 years ago eley match EPS was running about $9.50 a box, and the tenex was another buck or two per 50. at the bottom of the barrel for good ammo was the wolf match and it was around $3.50/50.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    top end ammo wasnt as low as 2 cents a rnd 10+ years ago. when i was still shooting rf BR about 10 years ago eley match EPS was running about $9.50 a box, and the tenex was another buck or two per 50. at the bottom of the barrel for good ammo was the wolf match and it was around $3.50/50.
    I didn't say it was. I said the bulk packs were $.04 a round prepanic. The top end ammo has always been higher priced. If the high end ammo comes down to $.02 a round I will buy cases and cases of it.

Boolit Master
    I have a lot of .22's, and some of them are picky. Thankfully some of the pickiest ones prefer cheap ammo. When I can find the stuff those few extra picky guns like for less than .05 a round, I tend to buy it. If I start finding it at .02 a round (happened semi-frequently pre-Obama when the sales were going) I'll once again buy cases of it. I've only got about 2 cases of mixed .22 ammo left at this point. Some of it is still marked at $7.99 a brick. I'm about out of that stuff though.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

.05 is available all over the area where I live..one way or another and that's what I've been paying....the Federal bulk 325 round bricks seem to be everywhere and I've never had any issues with it at all so I have loaded my shelves with it...we will lose our online ammo purchasing options the first of the year due to new stupid laws the voters approved..it can still be ordered on line but has to come to an FFL and he charges a handling fee and does background checks...like buying a handgun...it will be illegal for friends or family to give or sell ammo back and forth without having a state ammo card and going to an FFL..I'm sure lots of folks will want to comply with that little piece of nonsense...any way, any one in California that shoots has been busy laying up a storehouse of ammo before the end of the year....no sales mean no tax revenue for the state and very few trips to the FFL to buy ammo which often leads to impulse purchases of guns, parts, etc...dumbest move in history...but we got Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom at the helm...never fear.

I've seen op eds in the libtard press where they refer to some hunter or fun shooter with a couple thousand rounds of ammo as having a huge arsenal....I know of folks that think 100,000 rounds of mixed ammo is just about right and the reloaders have loaded up...knowing full well the dumbos will next try and shut off reloading..the fire marshals are quaking in their boots when they realize what is stored in lots of homes and garages..thanks again Brown.

I just want to see $25.00 bricks of Blazer again.

Banned
    I'd settle for .49 a box like they were when I was a kid.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I just want to see $25.00 bricks of Blazer again.
    They had this at the LGS I went to today. Unfortunately I can't use it as I have a few guns that won't run properly w/ it. Otherwise I would have bought some because it's pretty accurate for the price.

Boolit Buddy
    I love shooting 22, my bricks in may safe are at .05 to .09 cents per round!
    Casting my own bullets. I am able to shoot, 9mm, 38, 357 at about 5.5 cents per round. Plinking loads to be sure!
    My days of shooting a brick or two of 22s after a day of shooting are in the past for now!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    They had this at the LGS I went to today. Unfortunately I can't use it as I have a few guns that won't run properly w/ it. Otherwise I would have bought some because it's pretty accurate for the price.
    What was their price?

I've been lucky that Blazer is the only thing other than CCI Mini Mag that runs well in all my 22's.

I'm not counting on seeing 99 cent box low end again. There was 3 factors going on. The panic
    over gun laws, the increased demand from a new class of shooters ( the high volume AR class
    new generation shooters) and the value of the dollar. The rest of the ammo and component
    market has gotten much worse percentage wise. We have seen a lot of fairly common Ammo &
    Brass dropped from production. Companies don't want to drop production of their bread and butter
    Para military calibres, to run low volume calibres. Some of this pricing doesn't fit into supply and
    demand or the worth of the dollar.

Boolit Master
    For me the CCI blazers standard velocity are the cheapest most accurate in my three 22s I have. I have shot better ammo in my burno but the price was a lot more than the cci. CCI a few years back was 17.99 a brick around here

I'm so old I remember a penny a shot but I'm not counting on ever seeing that again.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast