Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: New FNP pistol owner

Boolit Master

New FNP pistol owner

I just got a heck of a deal on a FNP 45 . 4 magazines that hold almost double of my 1911s . The few rounds I fired last night all landed fairly close to poa and the trigger seemed extremely smooth in double action.
    Anyone have one ? Like it /hate it? Tips or tricks? Anyone want to get ride of some of the 15 round mags?

Boolit Master

What's a fnp?
    If you're gonna post something, don't keep half of it a secret.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

So I take it you don't have one? Nor ever heard of FN?
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...BpiAYuqe167nTQ

And so you probably don't have any of the 15 round mags for sale?

It is easy to see why people have not seen or heard of this FN. Looks like a niche pistol looking for a need to relieve. If you are looking for magazines, you have explained why it is a niche pistol.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master

The he price was right, it shoots well, has a very nice double action trigger. It came with 4 mags but I'd like to have a few more. If by niche pistol you mean full size duty gun with adjustable sights and double stack mags than I guess so. With the +2 bumper pads it holds 17+1 in a package almost identical in size to the Glock 21 which holds 13+4 . And it seems to fit my hand much better.
    One of those deals where you walk into your local LGS to look at something else entirely and you spot something your not familiar with and it just fits and feels right, and the price you think must be a typo . Guess some Colorado department ordered these than upgraded the order to the new FNX , the one FN entered in the government trials for a new side arm. Anyhow that's why it came with 4 mags instead of 3 .
    In less than 24 hours of ownership I feel no buyers Remorse and think this FN may be a keeper.

Well...it's time to kick the tires a bit & rev the engine...gotta work up some loads, try different weights and profiles...see what she likes and doesn't like...post some targets @ distance and see what you can do freehanded with it...then you'll know if it's a keeper or not.

I know what you mean about the 'feel'...my favorite auto feels like it grew in my hand. After finding her, by 'accident' also, I never had the desire for any more .45 ACP's. Truth is...yes I did buy another, spur of the moment thing again...one of those 14+1 types, all steel...it was a beauty but I always took the other out to play with...now that one is my son's favorite, she lives in his safe.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Sorry no magazines from me - but you got a great pistol, color me green - friend has one with red dot and suppressor

Midway has 15 rnd for 38.99 for black friday
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

FN is one of the bigger gun manufactures in the world and makes a quality product.

I have the FNX Tactical model. Basically the same gun.
    It is extremely accurate.
    I don’t like hammered guns. I like striker fired. The FN is my one and only exception and I love it.
    FN knows how to build good stuff.

Sorry. No magazines. Mine came with three from the factory. I’ve never even looked at more. Might ought to do that.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    What's a fnp?
    If you're gonna post something, don't keep half of it a secret.
    I for what ever reason replied to your post snarky and a bit rude; shouldn't have done that and I apologize

Boolit Master

I also will apologize, I should not always let the thoughts in my mind get to my tongue or fingertips.
    Sorry!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Nice display of maturity and class gentlemen. Well done.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Really put it through its paces today, about 250 rounds of mostly cast, and my favorite jacketed hollow points it never hiccuped . My point of impact was low about 2 inches of point of aim, I switched to the smallest of the removable back straps and really paid attention to trigger manipulation and had it shooting just where I wanted it with a little bit of a modified 6 o'clock hold. The b st groups were with the MEhec 200 grain hollow points cast from range scrap lead and coated with Smokes powder,flat black. Very tight groups ,gonna be a little adjustment period from being so used to my 1911s but I'll tell you this gun will shoot, even rung the 80 yard steel more often than not.
    Also again I'll comment on the smooth double action pull!

Boolit Buddy
    FNP 45

FNP mags are different then the newer FNX

Bullet shapes are even more critical in this pistol - round nose and closer to 230.

My 2 cents

Boolit Master

FNP 45 is the only plastic framed pistol I own. I got it lightly used in 2013 with 6 15-round magazines and LEO belt hardware for $500. (The sheriff that I got it from did not like it, too bulky according to him.) Trigger is different to the 1911's I own but a good shooter non the less. My standard CB for 45ACP is the Lee 230TC and the pistol works flawlessly with them.

Looks nice among the BHP's and 1911's, almost as if JMB had a hand in it's design.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Well getting very familiar with the new girl, learning to control and stack that trigger on the first DA shot the single action trigger pull is as nice as any tuned revolver I've owned