Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was gonna keep it simple?

Well I’ve got some 45acp brass and odds/ends bullets on the way. I’ve got a deal on a set of dies that I should be getting this weekend, and I think I’ve decided on a mold for it, today!
    A buddy text me earlier tonight with a pic of the little Lee c-frame press, “Man, you need one of these, they are so handy!” I hated having to tell him another buddy is getting out of reloading and wants me to take all his stuff in, including a Lee o-frame press, but I just don’t have any more room right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see, I started reloading at 16 for my 16ga single barrel and my Dad's 30-30. I started casting probably 12 years ago - and am loading and casting for around 20 cartridges, including .41LC and 9.3x57 and 10.5x47 (designed that boolit on Mountain Molds site) and now, at 64, I just bought my first flintlock! Why would I want it to end???
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    One option is to find a friend who also reloads and trade them the dies/brass you don't need, for what they have that you need. De-stresses both of you, potentially.
    I do this with brass. I just can't resist picking up any case that I see laying around. I have a network of friends and we trade brass back and fourth. We don't even keep score, its more of a gifting type of deal. It seem odd but about the only things that none of us want are 7 MM Magnum and 270 Win! You can't hardly move those, even in the swapping and selling section!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    I’m so screwed!
    No you're not, you are just getting started

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    light man, I know what ya mean about brass,,,, got a concealed carry class gun range that I clean up the brass for free!!!! Like I really need it! But, I’m like you about the network of people I know who reload! And I think the whole world shoots a 270 win or a 7 mag! It seriously never ends. Plus helping out new reloaders to get started. Yeah, I pick up brass, cause something that seems like an excess to me, might be just what it takes to help someone take the step to reload their own! And you never know what your kindness brings back to you! Not that return is EVER expected or wanted. Case in point, I’m helping a new reloader get started here in my hometown, in our conversation he asked if I needed any lead? Well, sure! He proceeds to put a 152 lb race car ballast in the truck bed! Said he was tired of mowing around the thing! You never know when or where! Keep it simple? Hahahaha!! Good luck on that!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Scott

The East-Left Coast

"They took my horse and made him surrender".

I sort of limit myself to the calibers I have and the calibers I am teaching others to reload , they can't afford to buy much in the beginning so I scrounge to help them out. I figure after they are doing well I will give the tools to them. That way al they have to cover is the press of their choice and a few incidentals. However one young man I am teaching just sold his 45 to buy a 9mm like mine, so, now I have mold, dies and a few cases of 45 caliber. I don't own a 45, and now I have this stuff to get rid of.............. or ............ let's see hooow can I make money to buy my own 45? after all I have all the other stuff, and maybe I should get another mold just in case and well of course that means I need a..................

I know I'm a little late to this thread but, I have the bug also. Don't know how to stop either and don't want to either. This past summer I bought some stuff from a member who lives just up the road. I drove up and we chatted some and while I was picking up my stuff I bought a set of RCBS cowboy dies for 45 Long Colt. I don't even have a Long Colt. Then some one left some brass at the range (60 pieces) and now A RBH in in the works. It is sweet to have such a great hobby.

Boolit Buddy

I started out by buying a pair of 1860 Colt replicas with a bonus I earned at work. I could not afford to buy ammo for the .22 of the Argentine Mauser. A Lee dc mould, and a Lee 10# production pot. Then a capper, and a powder flask. Got some scrap lead and wheel weights.

That was over 20 yrs ago.

Hi, my name is OeldeWolf. I have an addiction ....
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

I have 28 moulds by now for 6 calibers, do i need to see a doctor?
    3 lubisizers, 14 sizers, am i sick? do i need help?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerhale1200 View Post
    I have 28 moulds by now for 6 calibers, do i need to see a doctor?
    3 lubisizers, 14 sizers, am i sick? do i need help?
    Nope, you are right in line and doing fine!
    (Those judging are just jealous, don’t worry!)
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Yes, you do need to see a Dr.; Should have more molds'n that :P Maybe another caliber or too, also LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    When does this madness/sickness stop?
    When you dieing or dead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbender View Post
    When you dieing or dead ?
    Then your wife gives it away for pennies on the dollar!

Boolit Master

Some people will tell us we suffer from this . . .

in truth, we love every minute
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    I think it's more of a bell curve. You start with one gun that you shoot a lot and need to cast for so you can afford to shoot it. Then over time you gradually start to cast for every gun you own, and buy more guns, and cast for them, and you're working and have some money so you buy more molds for each to try, and on and on until one day you realize that 90% of your shooting is one or two guns, so you start cutting down on the extra molds for other guns, than one day you realize you don't really need to have 15 different molds for the .45 acp, and then you retire, and no longer have that ready money, and once again you have one gun that you shoot a lot and you need to cast so you can afford to shoot it....

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Started out thinking one mold per caliber. Now have at least three per cal and some calibers as many as 10. Never thought it would go this far but I truly got the bug. Every time a new mold comes wife just gives me the look and shakes her head.

I think/know for sure.....BD hits the nail on the head.....really hard

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Then someone gives to a big can of casings for a gun you don't own and you buy a gun to go with them ..........

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    When you have seven molds for each caliber then you can start worrying (just a little about having to explain why you need them all)
    And just what is wrong with seven molds for one caliber--always have a backup- - - now when you get up to 14, you may have a problem- - like how to store them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast