Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No one buys me Christmas Presents...

Boolit Buddy

No one buys me Christmas Presents...

...'cept me! And I always get what I want...

So, hit the LGS on my way back from my sisters house and Thanksgiving with family. Since I drove right by it coming home that way, made perfect sense. Right? And since I do not have a significant other, I stopped in to see what they had in lever guns. Always wanted a lever action. And there it was, right next to a similar model in 30/30. Didn't want another 'high powered' cartridge. Got them. I wanted/needed a brush buster. This is Na Englen after all. Aye up....

A Henry Big Boy Steel in 45 [Long] Colt. Good wood. Nice crisp trigger. And down right purtty.

And she did climb into my car and come home with me. Like wemens like that....

Now, a cousin of her's was a few guns down in 30/30 for hardly $75 dollars more and in that real nice flashy brass. But flashy wemens can be a problem. High maintenance and all. Polishing that brass to keep it shiny would become a life long chore. Did have a Hex barrel. But if a wemen gots six sides, that's just down right perposterous!

So, I have a lever in the safe.

Christmas came early....

Got moulds, dies, holders and sizers already on their way.

A new reason to melt lead...
    Last edited by Jim_P; 11-25-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Nice present! I love a 30-30. But here in Alabamy, we are raised on em. It's the perfect utility rifle for most purposes here. Plentiful, cheap brass too.

You can't go wrong with the 45 Colt. I have one in a Rossi 92. It makes a great companion to my sixguns, which are mostly in 45 Colt.
    I haven't taken a critter with mine yet, as I just got it this year, but I'm looking forward to it. Happy shooting, and Merry (early) Christmas!
    Last edited by Beagle333; 11-24-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I have the exact same rifle chambered in the same caliber. Chose the 45LC, as I already reloaded that caliber for my RBH.

Boolit Buddy

Hex Barrel?

Got to see a picture of that...

Boolit Buddy
    Mis-spoke. Sorry. Octogonal barrel. Excitment and all...

I envy you guys who can just walk into a shop, see a gun you like and take it home straight away!
    Sounds like a nice buy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    I envy you guys who can just walk into a shop, see a gun you like and take it home straight away!
    Sounds like a nice buy.
    It's part of the freedom we enjoy.
    But, without vigilance, hard work and education it will disappear forever here in the last outpost of freedom on earth.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    My brother in law has a 45 colt rifle and the load i worked up for him is with red dot 10.0 grains.
    Shooting a 230 grain mold i got from N.O.E.
    He shot a turkey this weekend at 80 yards,the folks he was with could not believe it.

Warning levers in pistol calibers are a hoot to shoot,they are worse that popcorn or tater chips.

Cast and load plenty,others get the bug as well.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman456 View Post
    ...Warning levers in pistol calibers are a hoot to shoot,they are worse that popcorn or tater chips...
    Amen to that, brother!! Put 100 rounds through my Rossi 92 this afternoon just plinkin' plastic pop bottles while waiting for a bench on the 300M line. Would've shot more but was all the .357 Mag I had with me.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Well Merry Early Christmas!
    I buy myself Christmas presents all year long too.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like a nice buy.
    Yeah, there are those here that would if they could. Many have used your and a neighboring country as an example of what we should be doing here.

Funny thing when I bought this gun. I walked in and the owner (well known to me and me to him) had just finished putting in a revolver purchase for another customer. A Ruger Black Hawk. Heck, might of been in 45 Colt as well. Don't know. But since it's a pistol, it goes to the state and they do the check, to include the NCIS. Mine, a long gun goes to the Feds and just a NCIS check. I handed the owner my Driver License and starting filling out the ATF Form and he started putting in the info. My check was done before I finished filling out the form. I left, and the guy buying the Black Hawk was still waiting... Kinda dumb. Mine holds seven round - his only six.

Picked up my Christmas present this past week. Marlin SS lever gun in 44mag. What a beautiful thing it is. It has been in my friends safe for about 10 years and he decided he wanted to move it out. Never been shot and never had a boolit chambered. Got it cleaned and lubed and ready to take to the range. Picked up a new I-Pad for the wife for one of her presents. God has been very good to us and we feel so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill 7 View Post
    Picked up my Christmas present this past week. Marlin SS lever gun in 44mag. What a beautiful thing it is. It has been in my friends safe for about 10 years and he decided he wanted to move it out. Never been shot and never had a boolit chambered. Got it cleaned and lubed and ready to take to the range. Picked up a new I-Pad for the wife for one of her presents. God has been very good to us and we feel so lucky.
    Well I️ for one want to see some pictures of the Marlin SS if you can. Sounds like a great buy. Congratulations.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a nice buy.
    Ditto!

Congrats! I have been drooling and dreaming about getting a Henry 44 mag. lever action. Or even just a 357 mag... Maybe someday.....

Anyway, Hope it shoots good for ya! And a bit early maybe, but, Merry Christmas!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_P View Post
    Many have used your and a neighboring country as an example of what we should be doing here.
    If you're referring to NZ they're in a much better position than us, they haven't gone to the idiotic extremes we have! The people, both here and over your way, who keep referring to our gun laws as "the gold standard (!)" are only using it as a means of achieving their (and the U.N.) aims of disarming the civilian population. Anyone who examines the facts will soon realise that our laws have done nothing to reduce (armed) crime, had no effect on "massacres" - we have had more massacres from people using knives, burning down buildings, using vehicles etc, but strangely enough these aren't mentioned by the anti-gun nutters - in fact the only thing they've done is make it harder for law-abiding people to buy firearms.

The National Firearms Agreement, and the subsequent gun buyback (some refer to it as a stealback) happened in 1996. There are now more legal firearms in Australia than before the buyback, and doesn't that make the nutters mad!

And yeah, I don't know what it is about shooting pistol calibres but it sure is easy to go through the ammo!!

ss ide like to see that my self .
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

I threaten ever year to throw the Christmas Tree out in the yard if I don't get a gun. So far I ain't
    been able to do it on technical grounds. I have received nail gun, jerky gun, glue gun, ect. The
    family spends a lot of time on thinking up these gifts. They tell me it's the thought that counts.

Boolit Master

Crgradulations. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas present. I like the pistol caliber rifles. I'll bet it will be a lot of fun to shoot. Let us know how she shoots once you get them moulds fired up!
    I put a SS 77/44 on lay-a-way a few weeks ago to go with it's twin sister the SS 77/357 I picked up this past summer.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

In Remembrance
    I am probably the odd man out, my first and favorite pistol caliber lever was/ is a 45 colt, but my hand guns are 44, no 45 in the house. I probably should do something about that one of these days. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_P View Post
    Mis-spoke. Sorry. Octogonal barrel. Excitment and all...
    The term hex and woman do seem to go together easily tho... Most of us married fellows have to do it the other way around. Get a good deal on a mold, which requires a sizer, and some brass. All set now honey, oh yeah forgot to mention I need a gun to shoot that nice cast boolit with
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast