Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Kind of Gun Belt?

I got a crossbreed executive off their blemishes site a month ago. No blemishes I could find and way better than std leather belt. For $40 delivered was a bargain..

Boolit Grand Master

Been using El Paso Saddlery holsters for decades, ordered a new holster & matching belt a couple of years ago and have been very impressed. Hand tooling almost too pretty to hide under a shirt or jacket. For a few dollars more than mass-produced leather you can step up to custom craftsmanship that will last quite a few years.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    I use a crossbreed super tuck and bought their belt with itand have been really happy with both. Going on 3 years and still good.
    Regards

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    I like these, and I've found a good stiff belt is more comfortable than a limber belt whether you are carrying or not. A stiff belt supports a pistol like it's not there. Imho, the belt is more important than the holster.
    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTc...EIUPHpbON3G5I-
    Possibly true.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    Believe it or not a good pants belt should be made on a curve like a gun belt is but they are hard to find. El Paso Saddlery has some very nice leather belts that work well. I haven't tried a steel lined belt yet but I will.
    I tottaly Agree with you. El Paso Saddlery are best belts. I got Glock 43 Holsters that fit almost (99%) to all belts but the El Paso Saddlery are Top Top!

Boolit Master
    On the strength of recommendations in this thread I ordered a $30 gunbelt....it is everything you guys said it was...well made, stiff and 1/4" thick. I am impressed.

Boolit Master

For the past 8 years I have used a "Real Man's Gun Belt" from Simply Rugged.

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...171&parent=670

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Galco makes a great belt, lots of choices. They are also build on a curve that is made specifically for carry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    After carrying everyday, all day for 20 years I find that leather SUCKS. I don't care who made it. I had a custom one made that was latigo lined and almost 1/4" thick. After a little over a year it was sagging.

I bought a Glaco reinforced instructors belt a few years ago and have really abused it. It's as firm and upright as the day I bought it.
    I had one of these and really liked it; very sturdy belts. Mine disappeared somewhere along the line and I need to replace it.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    I have very good results with Aker leather belts. They make a belt that has a plastic liner between two pcs. of leather and is very firm for ccw. 1 1/2 in black or brown. It does NOT scream Gun.
    They also have a dress belt that I have not tried yet. Suppose to be firm. I wear blue jeans mostly but these belts are fine with khakis too.
    I look for them on sale and never pay over $45. Sounds like a lot to some but I wear this every day at work,8-10 hrs.a day and then at home everyday,all day, all year. Hot, cold, sweating outside yard work. The belt has NOT rolled over on the rear belt loop like most do. 10 yrs old +. Yes it has wear,looks perfect with old jeans now. If I had taken care of it I'm sure it would look better but that why I have a new one for going out, not work. B21- (your size) is the number.
    You can get them cheaper depending on your belt size, 30-32" ($24) I've seen them. Galls police supply, Optics planet are just two places I've found them on sale.

Good luck and enjoy your belt.
    Mike

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    https://www.bullhidebelts.com/

I have several of their belts and I will confirm that there are no finer belts out there for any amount of money.
    I have used the super bio belt for 4 years now.........I can't see how a belt can be tougher. It looks great and has carried many guns. I can't recommend it enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12