Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Gun Belt?

Boolit Master

What Kind of Gun Belt?

I'm finally getting around to buying a holster for my S&W Shield. I've decided on the CrossBreed Mini Tuck but not sure what belt to use. I've got a semi dress gun belt but am looking for one a little heftier. Are the belts with the spring steel insert a good idea? I definitely don't want a belt with a plastic insert. I've seen them mentioned but don't know if they are still sole.

Any opinions will be considered.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I like the steel.

I don’t like it when I see a saggy belt used for carry purpose. Saggy belts let the gun ride floppy and print .

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Believe it or not a good pants belt should be made on a curve like a gun belt is but they are hard to find. El Paso Saddlery has some very nice leather belts that work well. I haven't tried a steel lined belt yet but I will.

Boolit Grand Master

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/

I have several of their belts and I will confirm that there are no finer belts out there for any amount of money.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I like the one that I bought from Tucker & Byrd about a year ago.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I wear a galco cop belt. It was great when new, but I wear it all the time and its soft from sweat. I seen something pretty stiff at rural king the other day, but I dont recall the brand. It was 45.00. Looks very similar to the hanks belts in the link above.

For light to medium carry I use an 10 dollar waxed cotton belt. Stiff, and with the right holster it even holds up my Star Super with NO sag. Of course in the gun community any belt under a couple hundred dollars is just not kewl. My wife uses one with her Witness Pavona, again no sag, and so far she has not complained. She has been using it for going on 3 years now.

160 degree wax can be ordered online, and it is an easy process.

Boolit Master
    Galco SB2 is the only belt I've warn in years. Even the buckle is tough. Almost fireproof. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I like these, and I've found a good stiff belt is more comfortable than a limber belt whether you are carrying or not. A stiff belt supports a pistol like it's not there. Imho, the belt is more important than the holster.
    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTc...EIUPHpbON3G5I-
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

I'm using a Cabella's which has lasted about 10 years but it's due for replacement as I found it's getting too floppy. I also am checking out various belts - I'm thinking of ordering one of these for Xmas. (who better to pick the best present for you).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmi...HpQ_-nnhD4ZANg

http://www.30dollargunbelt.com/
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    https://www.bullhidebelts.com/

I have several of their belts and I will confirm that there are no finer belts out there for any amount of money.
    I will agree that Bullhide belts are a good product. I have been wearing mine almost daily for 2 years and it is rock solid.

Banned
    Everybody has their favorite.
    I have a couple of Mitch Rosen belts that are great but they were a bear to break in. They don't look too "gunny" and one has the tapered ends so it looks like a regular belt under a jacket but still has enough leather to securely hold the gun.

A lot of the belts look very "gunny" and if you're trying to keep a low profile, that's an issue.

If you don't care what the belt looks like, you have a lot more options.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Everybody has their favorite.
    I have a couple of Mitch Rosen belts that are great but they were a bear to break in. They don't look too "gunny" and one has the tapered ends so it looks like a regular belt under a jacket but still has enough leather to securely hold the gun.

A lot of the belts look very "gunny" and if you're trying to keep a low profile, that's an issue.

If you don't care what the belt looks like, you have a lot more options.
    Not sure what you mean by "gunny". I do have one a belt by Beltman that I wear for dress. It is heavy enough to carry a small pistol. Most of the belts that have been recommended look similar even if they have a steel liner.
    John
    W.TN

I have a Beltman too. I wear it every day and for carrying both a full size and 3" steel framed 1911. It took on my natural body curve pretty easily and looks practically new. I haven't seen the need for steel lining.

Banned
    "Gunny" as in "that guy is probably carrying a gun".

The design of some belts just seem to scream "Gun Gear" while others blend in better.

You know when you see the guy in the store with the photographers vest, Cargo pants and the black nylon BDU belt with the parachute riggers buckle and rappelling "D" ring held in place with a Velcro strap? If that guy's not carrying a gun, he should be.

Boolit Grand Master

A german surplus belt I bought 20 years ago and still working. Clean it regulary and re wax it and it will last a while yet.

After carrying everyday, all day for 20 years I find that leather SUCKS. I don't care who made it. I had a custom one made that was latigo lined and almost 1/4" thick. After a little over a year it was sagging.

I bought a Glaco reinforced instructors belt a few years ago and have really abused it. It's as firm and upright as the day I bought it.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Buddy

http://agcustomgunleather.com/our-qu...her-gun-belts/

only belt I will buy or wear. Al goes out of his way to make sure his customers are happy. You will not be sorry if you deal with him
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast