WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoot the Gaundlet

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    That is a nice idea, how do you secure the vertical wire?
    These pic look rather dark on my computer screen so this may be the case with you monitor too but, The slits visible on the top of the sight correspond with the four vertical holes on either side in walls of the sight.

Each of those four holes is threaded to hold small grub screws; two in each hole. The bottom most grub screw is screwed down to the level that cross hair needs to be, and then the cross hair is inserted and held in place by a second grub screw that is screwed down onto the wire cross hair. In essence, the cross hairs area sandwiched between two grub screws at the levels that correspond with the yardage they are set at.

With the other peep sights I have similar to this I generally set the first cross hair so that it zeros at the 25-30 yard mark. Using the Twelve-O-Clock or Six-O-Clock hold with this first cross hair gives me a reach from five yards to fifty yards. The second cross hair is set to the 50 yard zero mark. With this setting too, the Six-O-Clock hold or the Twelve-O-Clock hold will bring my points of impact between 75-30 yards depending on which I hold at.

The bottom two cross hairs are mainly just superfluous because I generally don't shoot that far at birds or small game but, the third cross hair is set a 75 yards and the bottom cross hair is set a 100 yards. With my break barrel Octane air rifles I can consistently make lethal hits out to 70 yards but I usually have easier targets of opportunity to shoot at that are closer in.

If these Peep sights turn out as I hope for this Umarex Gauntlet, since it's seems to be a far more accurate air rifle, who knows, I may just start using those bottom two cross hairs and making those longer shots.

I almost forgot to mention; the vertical cross hair is fit into a tiny pin hole that is set in the very center of the sight and runs down into the bottom wall of the sight window. Since the four horizontal cross hairs are set in an angle, the vertical cross hair is placed in between the two upper-most and two lower-most horizontal cross hairs. The pin holes aren't visible unless the pic is lightened up enough to show the contrast of those tiny pin holes.

HollowPoint
    Last edited by HollowPoint; 03-29-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Here is a co2 video on the rifle .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlB5...Under+Pressure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123