Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning Beeswax

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AllanD View Post
    My girlfriend was puzzled when I asked her to save her pantyhose that got runs in them and saw me taking a pair of scissors to the leg without a run.

I use them to store onions so they don't rot.
    Drop an onion down the saved leg tie a knot in it and add another onion.
    when the leg is full hang it from a hook. to get the onion out just cut it above the onion you want.

"sweet onions are particularly vulnerable to rotting even if stored in the fridge, but THIS storage method allows air circulation and they keep longer.
    Ingenious!!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

why are you keeping onions? why?

ps I see them for sale in "net" type bags- a clue perhaps?

LOL

Boolit Grand Master

Not everything comes in a neat package from the store. I grow mine in a small garden. They need storage just like the store-bought kind.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations on the beeswax! Nice catch...
    The SOP around here for cleaning oils, fats, and waxes is to use the filter section of an old coffee maker, and the carafes: I will heat up used oils so they are less viscous (they filter better!), and the fats/waxes are heated up well beyond their melting points also (again, less viscosity, and you don't want them solidifying on you while being filtered!).
    Pour through a kitchen sieve to filter out the large junk, then pour into the coffee filter.
    Change filters as needed when filtering rate slows down (ymmv due to contaminants plugging it up).
    I pour a carafe full of hot wax onto an old cookie sheet, let it harden, then pop it off and store it.
    I have dedicated machines (bought from GW/Salvation Army, etc for next to nothing) for each product.
    Works great for me! I have feedstocks for soap making, new candles, bullet lube, etc. depending on product.
    Best of Luck!

-Tom

Boolit Grand Master

Mostly no need to strain if you melt it and let it harden again the debris will be on the bottom and the wax on top. Then just scrape the garbage off the bottom.

I salvage the wax from the bee boxes that I let the bee farmer put on my place and when he open the top lid and scrape the wax and some honey is in the wax. and let it drop on the ground.I pick it up or my brother after the bees get the honey out of it and after I get a good amount I melt it down in a double boiler and use a fine metal screen and pour it in tuna fish tins that s flat on the inside and take off the rims on the tins and the wax drop out easy and the junk stay on the bottom and no problems.I make my own boolit lube that i use the old NRA mix with ATF. Free bees wax i could not past up on.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I tried the Pantyhose method...Mama wasn't happy
    How did she peel it off her legs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12