Wideners

Thread: Thanksgiving morning project

Boolit Buddy

Thanksgiving morning project

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	208308. Its thanksgiving morning and dinners not till 4:30.the wife went on a house cleaning binge this morning and the best place for me to be when shes on one of her cleaning binges is anywhere away from her . So i gathered up about 30 lb of ingots and made these . Lee . 358 158 tl swc . I lost count theres either 14 or 1500 there and i dont feel like counting them again lol . Happy thanksgiving everybody

My compliments and Happy Thanksgiving. It's a special day filled with the wafting odor of beeswax and oak chips fluxing, the joy of a warm pot of alloy ready for the next preheated mold. After we celebrate together the days casting, the sprues and culls remelted we shall gather at the star sizer and pass around the gas checks and rooster red. Ahh, the warm memories of a family holiday!

But really, my family and I are thankful for our Men and Women who tread in harms way to make possible our way of life and life itself. Never have so many owed so much to so few. Happy thanksgiving and thank you to our Veterans, Military, Police, Fire and EMS. Let's go out of our way to thank them today and cast a few special boolits in their honor!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    One of my favorite boolits o cast! I only have a double cavity but they drop like butter and it doesn't take long to build a pile of 'em. Looks like you had a good morning and a great way to spend time on the holiday!

Sounds ike you wife is making a fine dinner for later and working hard on the house. Nice she let's you off the hook to go cast. Don't forget how hard she's worked . . . a nice dinner out next week would be a great thank you for all of hard work once the left overs from Thanksgiving are over. A happy wife makes a happy life!

You and your family have a great Thanksgiving and a Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Boolit Master

This morning I had time on my hands while keeping an eye on the smoker doing 2 pork butts for later today and as my reloading room (garage) is near the smoker I did some things there. First I resized & de-primed about 500 30-30 and put them in the SS tumbler. Then I prepped and loaded up some 308W for verification testing tomorrow before my hunt this weekend.

While doing this my mind wandered around about what I have to be thankful for this year. Family and friends are way up there. Living in a free country and those that founded it along with those that have and are currently preserving all of this. Yes, much to be thankful for.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

Wow, that's a lot of bullets.
    Wish I could that, my back starts aching in less than hour and I give up.

Boolit Master

I cleaned up the 2nd reloading center in the guest room today (primary is in the "Reloading Shed" outside). I do not heat the reloading shed so as deep winter comes in I go to the guest room for loading. My wife was also in cleaning room and complaining that "TOO MUCH STUFF" was out and needed to be put away.

Time for Thanksgiving Dinner in a couple of hours, yum yum. Best wishes to all on this Uniquely US Holiday.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Lucky you. I got to sweep & swiffer the floor and then get out of the way of 9 adults and 7 kids + 3 dogs. She did let me go to the range yesterday & I did get a big piece of her apple pie.
    Whatever!