Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data

Thread: Marlin 25 N 22 lr

Boolit Buddy

Marlin 25 N 22 lr

The Marlin 25 N. 22 LR Does anybody have one???? thoughts...opinions.....tips....I think that Marlin has kept this rifle and changed the model number a few times

Boolit Master

bought one brand new when i was 12, long time ago, and it was a pile of dog........... . im sure other have had different experiences with them.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I bought one in pieces, literally in pieces, from shotgun news back in the 80’s then put it together in the shop. Shot well enough, wasn’t an Anschutz, but minute of cottontail rabbit at 50 yds was good enough back then! It fed the rounds, fired and reloaded so I guess it’s function was ok! Just my opinion on the thing.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

This is funny, I bought one some 20 years or more ago and tore it down to refinish the stock.

It sat in pieces until last month when I picked it up and worked down the stock. The butt portion and an area of the foreend of the stock had obviously had an encounter with some strong acid and I had to whittle it down a bit (1/8 - 3/16") to remove the evidence of that.

Put it together and it shoots pretty close to POA with some old Federal I have a lot of so now it is time to figure what I want as a stain and final finish.

Like you said, several rifles/models are built along the same lines.
    The reason I know is that I bought two when I bought the 25 and it has some other model number (checked today, 80G). I got the stock refinished way back when, but never reassembled it either until last month.

Reassembled (good thing I put parts to guns in one location except for the 25 and I knew where they were and it is ONE strange place to put parts), scoped it seems to like some Federal from way back in the same time period.

Have not moved either back to 50 where I see if precise shooting rifle really manifest itself or not.

I need some finer paper so I can get the 25 stock finished and shooting.
    I just might give it to me for Christmas.

Anyone know of a source of reasonably priced magazines for these guns?
    Last edited by TCLouis; 11-29-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: additional info/corrections
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Bought a Marlin Model 60 microgroove semi-auto in 2015 when 22 cal ammo was hard to come by. Budzilla 19 mentioned minute of rabbit at 50 yards, well, mine is minute of squirrel way up in a pine tree about that same distance. Quite a shooter. Fourteen squirrel dinners from my back yard in 2017 with help from two rat terriers.