Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Just thoughts on Thanksgiving

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Just thoughts on Thanksgiving

I have been praying this morning for many people here on the form and my family . You know when I pray so many times I ask that GOD helps everyone here because we all have trouble or problems . There is not one among us that is problem or trouble free . Being born into and living in a fallen world can be hard . But our Lord has given much and offers more . We are offered salvation for having faith in him . We are given the way to live in and through him . Through the coming , the teaching , the living example provided by Jesus Christ we are shown how to live here ...we have been prepared . Through the suffering , the shed blood , the crucifixion and resurrection of our savior we are offered eternal life . He paid our debit we could not pay by the sacrifice of his only son .

Our Lord tells us to lay our burden down , he will carry our load . But often we cling to that burden wanting to handle it ourselves till it's overwhelming . I know because I speak from personal experience . This morning I laid several situations beyond my control down and asked him to use me . Buckwheat Paul called me yesterday morning to wish me a happy Thanks giving . We touched on the subject of giving our problems to the lord and it got me thinking . I'm just sharing and passing along a thought . It is no accident that we all come here to the Chapel .

The whole theme of today is ..THANKSGIVING ! Lay your trouble to our Lord and give thanks for the many blessings given us .

I love you all .
    Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thanks Charlie, you are so right. We KNOW what to do, but sometimes just can't let it go.
    Whether the glass is half empty or half full, at least you have something to drink!
    I love you brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, Truer words, "Lay your trouble to our Lord and give thanks for the many blessings given us .", were never said....I appreciate your help, support, and guidance brother! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Truly thankful...
    I have a friend that has just been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer..very advanced. I have some experience with that particular affliction as it was what took my Dad many years ago...As many of you know I'm a long time sober alcoholic and the man just diagnosed is a man that has struggled with his sobriety for a number of years and about 4 years ago he began on the path that has seemed to be his path to a different life....When he told some close friends about his cancer and the prognosis the mind set of many folks was "I wonder if he'll start drinking again"....but he seemed to sense what their thoughts might be and just said.."God has brought me this far and I'm not going to repay his kindness by getting drunk"....His feelings are something that again reinforces my gratitude for my sobriety and the things that have been possible as a result of a change in life many years ago....so I simply say God Bless to Steve and thanks to the Higher Power that has given him the mind set to just accept his affliction and trust in the faith he has learned to believe in...
    Hope everyone has a nice and meaningful Thanksgiving..and maybe say a little prayer of acceptance for "Steve"..thanks

opos I will start praying for Steve tonight .

My daughter left home last April . She was in a bad situation , she wouldn't even talk to me , she just packed up and left . She is 18 and I couldn't stop her . I have not talked to her for about 8 months , I didn't know where she was and I feared for her ...I love her too much . This has been gnawing at me hard . I have been trying to hit the reset button but couldn't find peace . This morning I gave it to GOD because I am powerless . I pray for her everyday , I love her .

She called me this evening ...it went well . I still love her . I'm glad I gave it to GOD , I have been blessed .
    Last edited by Boaz; 11-23-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Praise God Charlie I been praying for that phone call and that makes this a great Thanksgiving.
    God Answers prayers in His time which is perfect.

Boolit Buddy
    Well said Charlie, I am thankful today to have my dad over for dinner. He has battled melanoma cancer for 2.5 years but unfortunately it is back and the chemo is rough on him. However, it was awesome to have him here today with my family, two children who are his only grandchildren. All too often we fail to look at the simple things in life and the pure joy of family and good friends.

Boolit Master

Amen, I am thankful for all my Savior has done and will do for me.

Charlie I have been waiting to hear you tell me that.

Man I thought I was stubborn.

Lay it all down Charlie, leave it at his feet. Leave the pride, the heartache. Let it go.

We are in his service, servants if you will. He decides, we follow.
    Set aside your pride, your pain, submit to his will. And be set free.

Love you Charlie.

Things I am thankful for.

Warm snug house (with no payments)
    Wonderful loving wife (who went back to work after being sick for 9 days)
    My loving companion Casey who reminds me how to love. (Yes all 3 of us were at the Manor Yesterday, greeting friends and putting smiles on faces.)

My online brothers. Yes that is you reading this. Thanks btw, I know I can get long winded.

Thank you Lord for these and many more blessings.
    Glory be to God in the Highest.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Ghost hawk we are family in this chapel. You all are important to me because you don't have to care but in Christ we can even those we have not seen.
    Thank you brother

Boolit Grand Master

I'm glad to hear that she's back in touch, Charlie. I thank God that our two sons are following Christ and are raising our grandchildren that way. My Dad and mother started the family that way, my brother has fallen away but I still pray for him daily. I'm not much of a talker, my profession is listening, after all. Relying on God for everything has been our watchword for years, and we gave the children to Him when they were born. Trust God to bring your daughter back to Him, we just point the way, the Holy Spirit does the convicting.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Ghost hawk we are family in this chapel. You all are important to me because you don't have to care but in Christ we can even those we have not seen.
    Thank you brother
    Thank you Jim . A weight has been lifted from me Like I told you ...I didn't even know if she was alive . To give it totally to GOD and hearing from her the same day .

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Charlie I have been waiting to hear you tell me that.

Man I thought I was stubborn.

Lay it all down Charlie, leave it at his feet. Leave the pride, the heartache. Let it go.

We are in his service, servants if you will. He decides, we follow.
    Set aside your pride, your pain, submit to his will. And be set free.

Love you Charlie.

Things I am thankful for.

Warm snug house (with no payments)
    Wonderful loving wife (who went back to work after being sick for 9 days)
    My loving companion Casey who reminds me how to love. (Yes all 3 of us were at the Manor Yesterday, greeting friends and putting smiles on faces.)

My online brothers. Yes that is you reading this. Thanks btw, I know I can get long winded.

Thank you Lord for these and many more blessings.
    Glory be to God in the Highest.
    Thank you Bill .

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I'm glad to hear that she's back in touch, Charlie. I thank God that our two sons are following Christ and are raising our grandchildren that way. My Dad and mother started the family that way, my brother has fallen away but I still pray for him daily. I'm not much of a talker, my profession is listening, after all. Relying on God for everything has been our watchword for years, and we gave the children to Him when they were born. Trust God to bring your daughter back to Him, we just point the way, the Holy Spirit does the convicting.
    Wayne I thank you brother but I don't think she has left GOD . I talked to her for 9 min and at the first of that short conversation she brought up she wasn't going to church and needed to find one . That tells me it was on her mind .She was brought up an Independent Baptist but I told her to find a church that taught from the word of GOD and make her own decision . I raised her , I have seen her conviction . I think most all of us have non believers , backsliders in our families . We just need to pray for them , they will make their choice . It's all about choice but being supportive and letting them know you love them could help them make that choice .

"It's all about choice but being supportive and letting them know you love them could help them make that choice."

Charlie, this is the epitome of humbly letting go and allowing God's plan to unfold.
    You and Becky are always in my prayers. I love you brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    opos I will start praying for Steve tonight .

My daughter left home last April . She was in a bad situation , she wouldn't even talk to me , she just packed up and left . She is 18 and I couldn't stop her . I have not talked to her for about 8 months , I didn't know where she was and I feared for her ...I love her too much . This has been gnawing at me hard . I have been trying to hit the reset button but couldn't find peace . This morning I gave it to GOD because I am powerless . I pray for her everyday , I love her .

She called me this evening ...it went well . I still love her . I'm glad I gave it to GOD , I have been blessed .
    In the end, they are never our children; they are just the children that God has entrusted us to raise. Blessings on you and your family, Boaz.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free