Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Thanksgiving Thanks To IdahoRon

Boolit Master

Thanksgiving Thanks To IdahoRon

Today I am the head chef due my wife's illness. I'm smoking a turkey, but the main course is venison swiss steak.. I have not been home on many past Thanksgivings as I was back in the woods if Indiana deer hunting, I haven't been able to go for the last two years and hunting opportunities have been very limited... thanks to IdahoRon sharing his time, experience and some initial paperpatched bullets, my Knight 45's have been transformed into perfect tools in black powder season. I have taken 4 in the last two years that required a very accurate weapon capable of making clean, quick kills out to 200 yds. Today's menu came from a lead doe @ 168 measured yards... I have extreme confidence in the performance out to 200 yds...I'm sure it will do well beyond that, but that is as far as I have range experience with.

This was a long winded way of thanking Ron, but in the spirit if this special day of thanks, I would like to thank all who have shared their knowledge and experience with other members. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!

TheMoose
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Master
    Wow I am honored, and I am glad that I was able to help you. I get tons of help requests and I kind of loose track of who that I have helped. Lots of guys start out doing stuff my way so to speak and take it way farther than I have. Making their way their own. I am just happy that I opened the door for them. I suppose I could have used the info to make money some way but I have always felt that freely sharing and helping was the right thing to do.
    Congratulations on your success, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else.

Boolit Master

This post made my morning; people helping one another and showing gratitude. Well done gentleman; the is hope for the Republic because of good folks like you!

Banned

If anyone is serving venison today, that is period correct. Everything that I have read says the Pilgrims did not eat turkey that day but the natives provided an abundance of deer meat for the feast.

Boolit Master
    dondiego, I am crushed. my whole elementary school education about the pilgrims was a lie. why oh why?
    LOL

Boolit Buddy

I have always felt that freely sharing and helping was the right thing to do.
    Ron, IMHO, you choose the right road to travel.
    Not that many years back you lent me a helpin' hand, when I was experiencing problems, and I haven't forgotten that.
    I'm quite sure there's many others along the way that could say the very same thing when it comes to long range shootin' with their Muzzleloader.......

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Russ...
    When it comes to Muzzle Loaders, Black Powder Matters.

Boolit Master
    Ya Ron's a good guy. I gave Ron the nick name of hot rod renegade. I followed his post in perfecting that T/C & was
    amazed the results he got. He worked long & hard testing & such to perfect that rifle. I started looking for a renegade
    shortly after. But I kind of gave up, & bought a Lyman 54 cal GPR.

I love how well that gun shot, but it was still PRB rifle. Then I got to reading on Lyman having GPH barrels in 50cal with 1in32 twist.
    I started thinking its not as fast as Rons T/C but thought I wonder if it could be a candidate for such a conversion? I contacted Ron
    and I will be darn, he had already helped some one with a GPR convert his. Ron lined me out & I have one fine shooter.
    I bought a 50 cal GPH barrel, the bullet mold & sights he recommend & did what he said. That rifle is a nail driver.
    Yep Ron has helped many here with me included. Thank you my friend keep up your testing.

Fly