Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Another one saved

Boolit Master

Another one saved

Came across this one almost hitting the trash heap.
    Daisy 922 produced until late 80s darn near new condition. Missing the clips?
    Needs reseal ....pics later.

Boolit Master
    Does this one have the wooden stock?
    I think you can still load these without the clips, they just make it more convenient.

I'm fairly sure I've seen some of those clips for sale somewhere. I'll look at some sites I've visited in the past perhaps we'll find some for your restoration.

Great little rifle from all reports.

PS
    From reviews on these they get over 525 FPS on 8 pumps but little if any higher at ten pumps. Plenty good for small game up to rabbit size at reasonable ranges.

Boolit Master
    Had some down time waiting to leave for inlaws.
    The 922 has nice wood and the stock is held into place like a typical shotgun with through bolt through stock. Makes for a nice sturdy fit.
    I tore it down to find it filled with some sort of oil. Soaked and it smelled. Maybe veggie oil ? The seals are stiff and i only had the pump cup seal. Cleaned it , replaced the seal and its at least up and running. Hope the pellet gun oil will soften up seals.
    10 shots 10 pumps 512fps AV . might do better with all fresh seals.

The missing loading port and or clips makes it a PITA to load. I would love to find the single port load adapter at minimum. I thought i seen clips when looking for parts but could not refind them.

If anyone has a source or a link....cant see why these cant be put out on a 3D printer. That would be great.
    I got it shooting pretty good. Point of aim/impact at 25 yards and its tin can accurate.
    Few things: the 80s was the last of the decent dasiy 880 type pumpers.
    The barrel fit on this one is great no play no wobble nice snug fit in front sight piece. The crown is very good recessed and almost polished.
    Bore looks mint.
    Trigger sucks as most due with the pull valve style.
    If weather is ok i will bench it and see what it can do.

Boolit Master
    Try Meister Kuglien .22 pellets. These are about as accurate as you can get in both pistols and rifles.

With my re built .177 880, using older cast metal receiver and pump arm mated to more recent production rifle, I found I could get a much shorter and subjectively lighter trigger pull by using the cross bolt safety as a sort of set trigger.
    It may not work on all of these guns, but worth a try.
    I prepare for firing with safety engaged. Before firing I squeeze the trigger to the limit the safety allows then disengage the safety. With my rifle the trigger then remains in a halfway pulled through position. Its not a hair trigger by any means but it is a great improvement.

I've seen tutorials on minor modifications to these trigger mechanisms to improve the pull, but these seem more to be inducing wear patterns to the flat spring actuator and its seat which might compromise the mechanism at a later date.

A proper break in period, which takes quite a few rounds fired , and use of the safety as I outlined seems to work as good as anything else.
    I'm getting dime size and smaller groups at 25 yards. Aside from the trigger pull method I did wrap the end of the barrel liner with layers of scotch tape for a tighter fit in the muzzle plug.

I've hear of some using spray in foam insulation or injecting caulking to fill in the barrel jacket, but that seems a bit risky and at least semi permanent to me.
    Hard but flexible rubber washers mounted at vibration nodes would be an idea, but no telling where those nodes are at this time.