Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Who wants a New Pro Chucker 5 progressive for a little more than $300?

Who wants a New Pro Chucker 5 progressive for a little more than $300?

RCBS just unleashed their GET GREEN rebate and low and behold if you spend $499 + on an item you get $175 rebate or if you spend like around $299-$499 or something you only get $100 back.

Do not quote me, read the rebate: http://rcbs.com/whatsnew/Promotions.aspx

So on Amazon there was a seller Some,sporting goods store that had the Pro Chucker 5 for $400...

I know it sounds too good to be true so I thought I would go for it. We will see what happens. The seller is a sporting goods store apparently (at least on amazon) and they told me in e-mail that I could get an invoice from them by simply downloading it AND they only sell retail packaged new items.

What could go wrong?

If you are looking for a great progressive press or just want to try the pro chucker, I say it sounds too good to pass up. I own a Lee Loadmaster, Classic Turret, RCBS JRRC and Spartan and I just wanted to try out that sexy looking Pro Chucker 5 that SUPPOSEDLY has the priming issue fixed now.

As for any other reasons to purchase the Pro Chucker 5, you can spend some more money and upgrade it to a Pro Chucker 7... THAT is a dillon killer in my book. 7 station progressive for around $600 or less maybe?

Yeah anyways. Hope this helps push some folks off the wall and into the green

And of course, $400 is still a GREAT price to pay for the PC5.

Did they ever figure out how to keep them from breaking the primer system or are they already to abandon and obsolete the line like past RCBS progressives?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Did they ever figure out how to keep them from breaking the primer system or are they already to abandon and obsolete the line like past RCBS progressives?
    I haven't heard of any fixes that actually hold up. It can't be a Dillon killer if it's not reliable.

Guys it is RCBS!

Nobody that I know of has ever laughed at that statement...

I had asked them in e-mail about this issue with priming and I was told that it had been worked out after they discovered that there was a difference in shapes between Winchester primers and other brands Etc. At least that was what they told me. Since I do not even use Winchester primers very much, it might not affect me.

But the price to build a 7 station vs the 1080 whatever is an excellent price if this priming issue IS worked out.

And yes I hear you about reliability, but I have heard a few bad things about Dillon machines too, but those posts get deleted by the Illuminati and NWO...

I’m not an RCBS “hater” I owned a Pro 2000 myself. If they made a better press than Dillon, I would buy one, even if it cost more, much less cheaper.

You can give away inferior presses and it wouldn’t be a Dillon killer.

Kind of like Lee makes the least expensive 5 station progressive and yet they still sell 650’s.

Well folks. I got my press in and I have my invoice and I am freaking impressed with this thing. I did not yet take it out of the box but boy is it heavy. It must be close to 25 lbs or more for the box when sealed up. It is ALSO not a press. It is a machine. It has to be built. I think it is about 90% of the way there but I was looking at the instructions and thinking- wow, this thing is gonna be a TANK. I only have one shell plate for it so this is going to replace my Loadmaster in making 10k 9mm. I think I will make some practice 9mm first, but WOW. They (RCBS) says you should get the BASE PLATE-3 for the press. I am expecting it to arrive next week. The instructions are nice in that they tell you your options for each station. Not that I need that, but I was comparing the 7 station with the 5 station in the manual (side by side even) and I think it is cool. I have never owned a 7 station press before.

Another nice thing about this press is that it comes with a Uniflow QC type of powder dispenser. It is not just a press, but it has a case activated powder dropper included. I wonder how long now before someone comes along and machines out the QC turrets in it to make them fit QC die bushings like the LNL AP or RCS or LCC...

Another reason for me pushing this press is because I am a Lee fan boi to the bone and I was going to get a LNL AP when this fell into my lap. I have no issues with RCBS. They have some great products out there but I REALLY wanted a new progressive press to play with and there is no way in Hell I would allow a Dillon into my garage. Absolutely not. AND since Lee will not be done with their new progressive press that they have designed from the ground up (4 station with dedicated powder IIRC) and who knows if they will allow me to test their prototype, I figured that getting a GREEN press is a good way to stay neutral. I will be running it right next to my LCT on my bench.

So anyways. I gotta look for more primer tubes and case feeder tubes now...

My 1990 Rockchucker and 1970’s RS are still going strong. No need to change.

I did not yet take it out of the box but boy is it heavy.
    That’s with its aluminum frame, now imagine how heavy the pro 2000 was with its cast iron frame.

Forget about getting more primer tube to hunt and peck with, get a vibraprime and fill the machine like this.

They go on sale several times a year for $25.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...er-tube-filler

What is this new Lee press you speak of

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood63 View Post
    What is this new Lee press you speak of
    It's not out yet. The base for it is being used for another press that's currently available.

I love my Tru Line Jrs. Paid for, well proven, not progressive but turret style, not fast but I don't need 200 rounds an hour. I like the slower relaxing pace and keeping an eye on the steps to assure the rounds are right. I appreciate the rebate, that's a whopper and a press that will last like my Tru Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It's not out yet. The base for it is being used for another press that's currently available.
    any spy pictures