MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Cabbage Collards! Yep, That's What They Are Called..

Vendor Sponsor

Cabbage Collards! Yep, That's What They Are Called..

We get these locally every year, they call them Cabbage Collards here, because they actually do taste like both veggies. They have a slightly sweeter taste than old fashioned collards. They are also called yellow collards although I don't see a dang thing yellow about them do you?

Anyway, I am hooked on them over the old fashioned collards and if you ever get to try them or grow them you might be hooked too!! Happy Thanksgiving y'all!! Bon Appetit!

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Holy carp, please don't tell me that is a single stalk! I don't even like Collards, but I do think I would like to try growing those!
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Rick N Bama View Post
    Holy carp, please don't tell me that is a single stalk! I don't even like Collards, but I do think I would like to try growing those!
    I think you can get seed from here, ask them for the green cabbage collards.

https://www.restorationseeds.com/pro...bbage-collards

Milder and more tender than most collards, the yellow-tinted leaves form a loose head. North Carolina heirloom, seed stock from Benny and Vickie Cox, owners of the Collard Shack in Ayden, NC. The Yellow Cabbage collard, and the green version, usually just referred to as Cabbage Collard. These are fairly unknown outside the Carolina's. Usually they are heavily guarded family heirlooms, having been passed down for more than 100 years in the same family. Also known as Carolina Cabbage collards. Tags: Color: Green, Heritage: Heirloom, Season: Summer.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

Another seed source, one I know has good product https://www.rareseeds.com/yellow-cabbage-collards/ because my entire garden seed order came from them last year!

I grew them one year, prolific comes to mind! Blanched and froze enough for 2 years!