Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earbuds that don't cost a fortune

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Earbuds that don't cost a fortune

I know that they make earmuffs that enhance sound and then when you shoot they become hearing protection.

Anyone make earbuds that enhance sound and then when you shoot they become hearing protection.
    That is reliable and doesn't cost a fortune?

I have good hearing so Medicare cant help!

Thanks
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Yes they are available, I think they were called Sonic ll ear valves
    https://www.earplugstore.com/health-...ear-plugs.html
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Banned

I see them being made at the bigger trap shoots all the time.
    they basically make a silicone plug molded right into your ear with the ear buds inside them.
    something like 20-25 bucks is the price.

Boolit Master

I have Sonic earplugs and they work great!

I am looking for electronic enhancement.

They basically give you super hearing like Superman. LOL

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I just ordered these 135.00 shipped

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/63...-nrr-25db-pair

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post

Please let us know how these work out for you, I have read such mixed reviews. I would love to have some for hunting, if the sound quality and suppression works well they seem ideal and reasonably priced. I am not prepared to spend 2500 for the custom fit ones.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Didn't know medicare would help with hearing anyway . if they will I would be very interested to know. My hearing is less than stellar . told needed hearing aid in both ears about 10 years ago. But the cost was just to much . been using cheap ones advertised on TV . not great but better than nothing. An on medicare and didn't think it was covered at all. Happy loading

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Didn't know medicare would help with hearing anyway . if they will I would be very interested to know. My hearing is less than stellar . told needed hearing aid in both ears about 10 years ago. But the cost was just to much . been using cheap ones advertised on TV . not great but better than nothing. An on medicare and didn't think it was covered at all. Happy loading
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't think Medicare would cover hearing aids either. My old hearing aids are no longer supported and I just can't see putting out around 5k for new ones.

I did a search for Medicare covering the cost of hearing aids.
    Nope, Medicare won't cover the cost.

https://www.senior65.com/medicare/ar...r-hearing-aids

I'll just keep nodding my head and smiling when I can't understand what people are saying to me.
    Last edited by Down South; 11-23-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    Please let us know how these work out for you, I have read such mixed reviews. I would love to have some for hunting, if the sound quality and suppression works well they seem ideal and reasonably priced. I am not prepared to spend 2500 for the custom fit ones.
    These are on sale for black Friday at Midway, there normally 185.00 shipped so I decide to take a chance.

This link wont work the one above does. Beats me why
    Last edited by DCP; 11-23-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

I'll just keep nodding my head and smiling when I can't understand what people are saying to me.

The recipe for a long and happy marriage
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Jonp had a fellow like that in my church I asked if he would teach class, he smiled shook his head and fainted when I handed him the books and leaders guides.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't think Medicare would cover hearing aids either. My old hearing aids are no longer supported and I just can't see putting out around 5k for new ones.

Might check Costco. They have good hearing aids. I got their top line about four years ago Swiss made for about $2500. Great warranty and service on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post

Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers diagnostic hearing and balance exams if your doctor or other health care provider orders these tests to see if you need medical treatment. Medicare doesn't cover hearing exams, hearing aids, or exams for fitting hearing aids.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Did you read the reviews on them ?
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    Did you read the reviews on them ?
    Yes, 3.8 stars at Midway some 500.00 ones didnt do that good.
    They have cheaper ones but reviews were horrible.

Battey life was not too good but that's because of the kind of battery they use.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I ordered a pair, can't get them to work for shooting ( Walkers) Still needed the muffs to be comfortable shooting..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    I ordered a pair, can't get them to work for shooting ( Walkers) Still needed the muffs to be comfortable shooting..
    Wow, day late and a dollar short and no details

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Sorry,,,The buds are difficult to get to seal in the ear pocket. They come with different size buds for the ear canal. The only time I was remotely successful was when the wife put them in for me. I do wear hearing aids for a public interaction, was hoping these would fill in the game hunting/shooting. I would rather lose a $135 vs $3500 while in the woods.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Sorry,,,The buds are difficult to get to seal in the ear pocket. They come with different size buds for the ear canal. The only time I was remotely successful was when the wife put them in for me. I do wear hearing aids for a public interaction, was hoping these would fill in the game hunting/shooting. I would rather lose a $135 vs $3500 while in the woods.
    Thanks so much
    In one of the reviews, a guy sent his out for a custom molded earbud. So this might be a good option.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast