Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionPBcastcoTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Old A.R.A. Bulletins

Banned

Old A.R.A. Bulletins

Just going through my closet and found a binder of old American Reloaders Association bulletins from September 1963 to April 1972. Any idea of what the are worth?

Moderator Emeritus

Here is a couple threads from members discussing the American Reloaders Association Bulletins.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...rs-Association

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...tion-Bulletins

Also, there is someone on fleabay attempting to sell them for $3.50 each...but is he actually selling them???
    In the collecting world, with rare items like this, the demand is quite low, making the task of finding buyers quite difficult.

Anyraccoon, If you choose to sell them on castboolits, please read (or re-read) the S&S (sellin & swappin) rules in the S&S section, as the rules have been updated in June 2017.

To everyone else reading this thread, please to not makes offers to buy, as all buying/selling activity should be done in the S&S section.
    thanks,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Anybody know how long the bulletin was made? I have seen as high as #95. It would be nice to have them all.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Banned
    I think I have them all. But I cannot prove it with no certain beginning and end dates. And I am not home to look at what dates there are.

Boolit Master
    I am slowly going through these old ARA bulletins. Pretty interesting stuff. So far I have found .35 Remington was very popular, and did you know Powley had a black powder calculator? It calculated muzzle speed for a given bore size, barrel length, bullet weight, and charge column length. It was spot on for a load I had chronographed before.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Buddy

I wouldnt get rid of those for anything so to speak, I have some from back then and to this day I still read and reread them.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee