Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Walk wisely

Boolit Master

Walk wisely

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise” (Ephesians 5:15).
    Every believer is responsible to walk wisely.
    I believe the moment an individual becomes saved, God deposits enough wisdom in him to make him absolutely responsible for his behavior. Someone may say, “Wait a minute! How can a brand-new believer walk in wisdom? Doesn’t he grow into that? Haven’t wise Christians been saved for many years?”
    Such questions miss the point of Ephesians 5:15. The first word in this verse takes us back to Paul’s invitation to become saved in verse 14: “Awake, sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” In other words, Paul is saying, “Because you are saved, you are to walk in wisdom.” When you received Christ, you simultaneously received wisdom and therefore are responsible to walk wisely. First Corinthians 1:30 says, “By [God’s] doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.” At the moment of salvation you are made wise, righteous, and sanctified. You don’t get redeemed first and receive those things later. Colossians 2:3 says, “In [Christ] are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” You are in Christ, and all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Him; consequently, “in Him you have been made complete” (v. 10).
    If you’re redeemed, you have wisdom. You don’t have to wait till you’ve been saved five, ten, or forty years. You’re no longer a fool— you’re wise. And on that basis Paul says, “Walk as wise. Live according to the wisdom that you possess.”
    Suggestions for Prayer
    Thank God for blessing you with His great salvation so that you can walk wisely.
    For Further Study
    Read Ephesians 1:7-8.
    • What did you receive at the moment of your salvation (v. 7)?
    • In what two ways were the riches of God’s grace lavished on you (v. 8)?
    • According to Titus 2:11-12, what does God’s grace teach you?
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Ronnie I enjoyed it . Good read and explanation .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy
    I like it man, that "pulls me up by the boot straps" as my dear old dad always says.

Boolit Master

Amen.