Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to tell a story

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    All at once the station owner was there chewing on the officer . Told him he had no right to hassle me , there was no problem and to get off his property .
    Officer put up a lame defense and left . The owner told me to go back to sleep ...he would keep an eye out .

Took a while but went to sleep . Next I knew the owner was tapping on the window , sun was coming up . He said ..Hey ! It's time for breakfast , my wife brought us a plate !
    No turning back , No turning back !

I got out , went around to the bathroom and 'cleaned up' (hadn't had a real bath in over a week) and went in the office . His wife and two boys were there . Boys were around ten years old , his wife was smiling and very nice . I had a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon sitting on his desk they had cleared off , big stack of toast and a jar of jelly . And there was a pot of coffee ...dang it ! I hadn't had anything but a fried pie for bout 36 hours The boys were sitting in chairs eating .

He talked in generalities , asking bout my family, my country , he asked me no personal questions . He told me he was working 16 hours at a time because he couldn't afford help but for an eight hour shift during the day . His wife packed up the dishes and left . I gathered my bed and stuff , tied it on the cargo rack . I thanked him much . He wished me luck and said to stop if I got back this way . I left pushing the bike east .

I have felt guilty for near 50 years not asking his name , he helped me because he wanted to and asked nothing of me .

Hindsight can be near perfect . Living in the moment is not . Memories give clarification , understanding . Remembering brings into the light GOD's mercy while in that time was just living the moment . Adding up Our Lord's blessings may take a while putting it all together . Yea , can take a while . What has he done in your life ?

He's done a great deal in my life! Maybe, when you get done with your story, I'll tell you one of mine. But, sitting on the edge of my chair as I am, I can only say, "And THEN?"

Don't know, not having been there, but from reading this I'm wondering if you wouldn't have had a start in life by offering to work an 8 hour shift for the man in exchange for grub and a place to sleep. Sounds like he needed help to make a "go" of things, but couldn't afford it just then.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    He's done a great deal in my life! Maybe, when you get done with your story, I'll tell you one of mine. But, sitting on the edge of my chair as I am, I can only say, "And THEN?"

Don't know, not having been there, but from reading this I'm wondering if you wouldn't have had a start in life by offering to work an 8 hour shift for the man in exchange for grub and a place to sleep. Sounds like he needed help to make a "go" of things, but couldn't afford it just then.
    I enjoy hearing others experiences , if we look back over a day , month , year or just a single experience you see GOD working in your or others lives . Generally takes time to put it into perspective , in the moment it's almost impossible to predict the long term effect of what will happen from a single day .
    Sharing life experiences gives understanding as to the fact that GOD is with us , it is a way of testifying . To give God credit , to admit failings , to give to our Lord thanks for what he has given . Every day we have is a gift from GOD that so many times we take for granted .

Your mentioning of working for a place to eat and sleep is just down the road , I'm pushing that bike to get there and didn't even know it .

Gentlemen, you are so right. I never see God's plan in the moment, even now, only in retrospect do I come to the realization of the absolute perfection in timing and circumstance. Praise God.
    Please go on Charlie, I'm fascinated.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Well heck Pine Baron I don't know about being fascinated , so far it's just a story of my immaturity and failure . We 'might' all have done a 'few' stupid things back then , lol .

Started pushing the bike east toward Apache Junction . Didn't fight it like I had the day before , got there about noon . It was plenty hot . Now coming from a small place I knew four places to look for work or find out someone that might be looking for help . A barber shop , feed store , hardware store or the post office ...between them they knew everyone in town .

I haven't been through Apache Junction in a long time . In 1970 it was a wide spot in the road ..not much there . A small shopping center with a barber shop , a few offices , the AJ Bayless grocery store and a small post office in the parking lot . Oh yea ! And an office with ..New Peralta mining and exploration on the window (don't forget this , we will revisit this business this in a bit ) . To my understanding Apache Junction is a big suburb of Phoenix now , many people there , it was a backwater place back when I was there on the edge of the desert . I have a good friend who is a member here that I met on another form long ago that lives in Apache Junction . The way he describes it I would not know it now .

You can see the Superstition mountain from Apache Junction , The top looks like the face of an old man sleeping . Back then it was wilderness area , seems it's a tourist place today . If you stare at the picture a while the old man becomes more distinct .

http://arizonahighways.files.wordpre...ains.png?w=821

Pine Baron though not fascinating it might at least pick up speed at this point and get slightly interesting ?
    Last edited by Boaz; 12-02-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Lol , I climbed That mountain , seemed easy at a distance being 18 years old . Filled a gallon water jug half full and started out . It seemed easy . Time I got to the end of grass in the picture I was wore out ....distance is deceiving . Had to find a pass , got back in four days ...I was thirsty . Reference to thirst in our bible comes to mind .

No hardware store , no feed store being evident I went to the barbershop , the barber thought and sent me to the post office ....said talk to Mister Applegate , I went there ...was just across the parking lot .

Walked across to the post office , only one old guy there ...the postmaster , Mr. Applegate , Told him I was looking for work . Needed it today . He seemed a good man , he hesitated and said ...Their are two men with a mine that may need help . They come in every two days to get mail , they should be here today . You can't miss em , they got a beard to their bely button and one has a badge with the brim of his hat flipped up . Should be in this evening ...might need help with their mine . I sat on the steps of the Post Office for three hours ...wasn't hard to spot em when they came .

I sat on the steps of the Post Office for 3 hours , afraid to leave that I might miss them .

I nailed em when they got out of their surplus Army one ton dully truck , stood up and asked if they needed help ...they were all over it .

Said they would feed me , give found but no wages ...At the time food and a place to sleep seemed good . I agreed .

I said give found in the last post , should explain . Found means in those days necessities to sustain life . Bare minimum .

Boolit Master
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

We loaded the old Suzuki on the dully backed in a ditch . Headed to their camp . I asked about their mine ...knew nothing about mines . They said GOD showed em where to find a gold mine . I was silent . It began .

Thank you rl69 . One does not understand till there is no bread .
    Last edited by Boaz; 12-02-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Went north up the Apache trail (highway ) , pulled off into the desert bout two miles and came to the 'camp' . Wondered what the hell I'd got in to .

The camp looked like a post apocalyptic nightmare . People were living under tarps , old box trucks , wood sheds with an axle under em , tents . Couple of old beat up RV trailers and stripped out school buses held several folks . Looked like a community off the movie ..Road Warrior .

I didn't know it at the time but you could camp on a wilderness area for 30 days and had to leave . They were camped out on the line between 2 wilderness areas ..the Tonto area and Maricopa area . Everything was on wheels so they could just drag it across the line about a 100 yards . They just moved back and forth every 30 days . Federal Land Management officers were always 'checking' on them but nothing they could do about it .

I'll be post #59 & say "enjoying the story."

Thank you LAH .

The two I 'hired' out to were the leaders of place , they started it. They were both in their late 40's . I will not tell their real names ...lets call em Andrew and Micah . I'll tell what little of their history I know as they told me . They were both from Missouri , Andrew was a carpenter , Micah was a sheriffs deputy . They left the Mormon church because GOD gave them visions , gave them the gift of tongues and sent them to Arizona . In this process GOD was going to show em where to find a gold mine .

The Indians were actually the lost tribe of Israel and secretly knew when the second coming would be . They were to find out from the Indians and wait for god to tell them what to do .....in the meantime he would communicate through visions and speak to them . Andrew had converted school bus into an RV (did a nice job actually) and when they had a vision they would paint a small picture in line with all the other visions on the side of the bus . It was a secret message from GOD what to do at the second coming . Problem was it would take an Indian to decipher it . ......yea , at the first of this thread I mentioned I hesitated to tell this story because it's a little hard to believe .

There is more but will play out as we go along .

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast