WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to tell a story

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I'd like to tell a story

I would tell a story . It may be irrelevant here in the Chapel except to me who lived it . Without really thinking about the circumstances it helped me form many opinions I hold today by default .

The death of Charles Mansion started me thinking . I understand to a great extent how he was able to gather the members of his cult through personal experience . I had some experience because I live with one in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona in 1970 . I had thought to tell this story before now but it sounds pretty far fetched and hard to believe .

It's a situation many that know me would not think I could get into but consider the times and my age back then coupled with the fact I just ain't too bright . It's a story of child predation , drugs and Satan . A view of insanity , false teaching and the lost from an 18 year olds eyes . DANG ! Back then I was good at getting into 'situations' .

After reading that if you consider it unfit for the Chapel just say so and I will kill this thread .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

I'm always up for one of your stories.

I've got my coffee and smokes, fire away!
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Please do go on.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

Sin and it's consequences are real and it does us no good to hide from it. I see the consequences of sin in my office every day. Many Christians live such isolated (Church) lives that they no longer recognize sin or run from it when they do. We are not immune!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Can any of us say we have never sinned? I ask for Mercy for my stupidity daily... I say 'carry on'

Boolit Master

Charlie, we are all waiting on your story. We were all heading down the road to Hell until the Holy Ghost called us to repentance.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

And then? And THEN?

Boolit Master
    "Along came Jones.....slow walking Jones.... " Sorry guys ..... but that song popped into my head...

Ha, hah! Actually, that's where I got it. What happened next? But it may be premature to ask, "And then?" because we're still waiting........

I was giving 24 hours to hear descent castalot but I laughed when I saw your post . I love you brother ! But don't expect much , mainly more report of my personal failure . I looked up ..Along came Jones ...Dang ! I hadn't thought of that song in years .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyr49TwuiI

Well it's been bout 24 hours , I'll tell best and as truthful as I can of something in my life that happened three years short of a half century ago . I'm hoping you don't expect much from me . I'm not too smart , my composition skill is zero .. My intention is not to tell a story of the stupidity of my youth but to possible give something to ponder on . If my failings can provoke thought , if my admission of failure can bring about understanding then purpose is served . I ain't very smart , I type with one finger and these days I think slow .

I honestly believe GOD tested me when I look back in hindsight . This story might just be different or 'interesting' to you but it shaped me in many ways . It brought understanding like getting hit it the head with a claw hammer when it happened . GOD will never temp us but he will test us . CHECK YOUR SCRIPTURE .

I graduated high school in May of 1970 . You might need to take into account the times then . Hippies , granny glasses , long hair , make love not war , race riots , Martin Luther King , civil rights marches . The Viet Nam war , sit in's , save the whales , the Black Panthers , the Symbonese liberation army , Patty Hurst , war protesters , Hate and Ashbury St . Shooting at Kent State , Charles Manson , the cold war still in progress . The draft was on and if you graduated high school with no plans of college you odds seemed good you would be drafted .

Well heck I never was too 'trendy' , didn't have long hair , no granny glasses , no Nicki Nauru shirts and white shoes . Was a 'cowboy' type so didn't fit in with the hippie crowd ...I was not cool . Being the age I was and figuring I'd get drafted or be tied down for the rest of my life working I wanted to 'do something' ....surly you remember some of the self serving , adolescent thinking when you were at that age . So I decided to take a trip out west on my 250 Suzuki ...that wasn't in too good a condition (kind of setting the stage for down the road) .

Sold some bridles and small horse 'stuff' and pawned my Frank Kriel bareback rig and came up with about 60 bucks . And now the hard part ...I had to tell my folks . I knew they were not going to see how it was a good idea to take off to the west coast with a wore out motorcycle and bout $60.00 , they always had trouble letting common sense get in the way of things .

Boolit Bub
    And THEN?

Boolit Master

We at on the edge of our seats...please go on...
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

My dad was 52 years old when I was born , he was seventy years old when I finished high school . He was raised Pentecostal , born in a dugout west of Stage Stand Oklahoma . He had both legs run over and crushed by a truck and trailer when he was 15 years old , he walked with a limp the rest of his life . He was a Mason as his father and grandfather , he was a quiet man ..he listened more than he spoke . He didn't cuss and I never knew of him taking a drink .
    I was saved when I was 7 years old , I gave my profession and was baptized . My dad was always going to the church to mow grass , work on the plumbing or whatever . He was involved in all activities . We attended a small neighborhood Southern Baptist church within walking distance , the pastor was Brother Earl .
    I was 9 years old , we went to church one Sunday and during the invitation dad got up and walked down the aisle to accept the offer of salvation , he was baptized at the evening service the same day . I was in shock ! I thought dad belonged to the church . Mom told me much later he still had kept his membership in a Pentecostal church but thought as a family we should all belong to the same church . I got to see my dad be baptized , I still remember it .

My mom was a compulsive force to be reckoned with . She was constantly working , her solution to any problem was to work harder . I got a big dose of her genes I'm afraid . She liked people , loved to play games , she was always singing , she taught at times in the ladies Sunday school class , worked in the nursery , sang in the choir , was quick to help neighbors....she had to be moving . LOL , in her later years she started playing Bingo and was constantly worried that she was sinning (gambling) , she was always asking me if she ought to quit Bingo . I just laughed and told her she was not going to hell for playing Bingo .

I waited till evening and told my folks I was going to take a trip ...west . They asked me where and I just said ...west . Being normal , rational folks 'west' was kind of ....well who the heck knows . I gave no detail because frankly I had none ? I sat down at the kitchen table and called up all the patience a teenager is capable of to deal with the reality of their questions .

Dad spoke slow , dad measured his words , dad stared at me , mom spoke her mind . But after probably 45 min mom stood up , threw up her hands and told dad ...YOU TALK TO HIM ! THIS MAKES NO SENSE ! And she went outside .

Dad got up , told me he would be back . He went to their bedroom and I head him rustling around in the closet . Dad was a packrat , saved everything . He brought back a huge fold out map of the United States , I think it had 47-48 states on it . Unfolded on the kitchen table and said ..Where do you want to go ?

My dad told stories , Mexico , Dumas Texas did road work , Nebraska on harvest , running pump houses for Magnolia oil in Kansas he jumped freight trains in the depression with his brothers to find work . Before dad settled down he covered a lot of ground .

Matthew 5:1-12New King James Version (NKJV)
    The Beatitudes

And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
    “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers,
    For they shall be called sons of God.
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
    11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

If I had to make a call for my dad it would be ;

He had the patience of Job . Perseverance which I will never achieve , understanding beyond my reasoning and compassion through experience that few would venture to learn by trial .

And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
    “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
    11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast