Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Anybody have the makings for 47-70 cast bullets, WTB what I need

Boolit Mold

Anybody have the makings for 47-70 cast bullets, WTB what I need

I inherited several boxes of 38-55 new old stock and since that was the rifle my grandfather used to feed the family with I decided to get the latest copy by winchester of that old rifle, uncle sold the original while I was off in the Army, and now am looking for bullet molds for lyman handles for target and hunting, bullet sizing die with top punch for the 38-55 to go into a RCBS sizer/bullet luber for cast bullets. And anything else that I might have overlooked. Sure there is I have reloaded for decades but not the last one and am shooting a lot again and want to case my own. Have LOTS OF LEAD he left that in the will too. I Think if you go to my profile it will have my email address. I do not want old rusted out junk this is going to be used and not part of some loaders implement collection. Thanks folks I have had a lot of luck finding resources on this .com it is a great one....
    Last edited by learner; 11-20-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typos need to be corrected

Do you have a casting pot, Lee works fine for the price, bottom pour is faster. This is a good starter kit. RCBS cost more and a little better quality. this might help
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/27...ce-starter-kit
    https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSear...temsPerPage=48
    https://www.midwayusa.com/bullet-cas...es/br?cid=8660
    Last edited by Randy C; 11-20-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Boolit Master
    You'll have to determine the correct bullet diameter for your barrel, the type of bullet may depend on the type of rifle you have SS or levergun, Lyman makes a good 250 grain fp and a nice 335 gr. for long range single shot guns. Gas check design or plain base will depend on whether you plan on using heavy loads, once you get that all figured out, order a sizing die for your rcbs sizer. Order sizer .002" over bore dia......enjoy.

Boolit Mold

Thanks everyone for the fast replies and reading past my title that was misstyped

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    You'll have to determine the correct bullet diameter for your barrel, the type of bullet may depend on the type of rifle you have SS or levergun, Lyman makes a good 250 grain fp and a nice 335 gr. for long range single shot guns. Gas check design or plain base will depend on whether you plan on using heavy loads, once you get that all figured out, order a sizing die for your rcbs sizer. Order sizer .002" over bore dia......enjoy.
    I have a newer Winchester in 38-55 and actually have a two great furnaces bulk melting pot etc but nothing specifically for the 38-55, take that back have to go check I may have some RCBS reloading dies but for that caliber in particular none of the nice flat or round nose hunting bullets that will take everything we have here in Maine at ethical ranges.

You may be able to edit you title by hitting edit at the bottom of your post, Did you consider buying a new mould and sizing die for you RCBS sizer from the links I posted? There are a lot of people that sell moulds on here. Good luck on your new project.

Boolit Buddy
    I have these items I would be willing to part with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	208290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0309.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	208292
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	208291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	208293
    If interested you can shoot me a PM.
    I also have a box of Barnes original bullets in .377 diameter that I'll never use.

Boolit Master

I will PM about a Winchester 38-55 mold.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!