MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaver vs Vortex scopes any opinions

Weaver vs Vortex scopes any opinions

Thinking about getting a Weaver or Vortex scope in the 3x12 range. Which seems to be the best ?
    Last edited by brstevns; 11-20-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Boolit Master

Seriously item for item across their product lines my new weaver K 3-12x40 leaves nothing to be desired over my brothers new votex of similar magnification and price. As in for the money both are clear, hold zero and have consistent repeatable adjustments. His is on a cva scout in 44 mag mine is on a custom 8mm. They both have seen lots of range time and held up to the first week so far of MI rifle season in terrible weather,rain snow sleet wind with out fogging up. Pick which has the features you like and go with it . The chatter is Vortex has about as good of customer service as anyone in the industry; can't verify it cause I haven't used it. My Weavers from myold ones to new last Christmas one have never had an issue for me to send back.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm with nagantguy. My new Weavers & the several Vortexes I own are very good value for the money. If I had to toss a coin, I'd probably go with Vortex.

Boolit Grand Master

Get a Nikon on sale for $100 and don't look back.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I've had good luck with Vortex on airguns (PCP) but have no experience using them on guns with heavy recoil, which tends to sort out the good from the bad.

Boolit Buddy

Vortex. I have used the 'customer service'. Received a viper in 6x24x50 that had a frozen drift turret. Ordered on line so no way to 'check it out'. Emailed them and two days later I got a email from the PRESIDENT of Vortex Optics who apologized and assured me he had a replacement in the mail. He even chatted a little about what I was using and misc stuff. Asked that I return the defective scope to him, he would have return postage label in replacement box. Two days later I got the replacement and it worked fine - as did the two T-shirts, hat and lens cleaning materials also sent. Less than 6 days from when they knew of the problem until I had a replacement in hand!
    Yep, I'd go with Vortex.

Boolit Master

I have a Weaver scope, not sure which one but it came on my riffle. Great piece of glass. Crystal clear and bright and holds great zero. Its just like looking down my Nikons. Cant afford a Vortex but I have shot a friends and would say its just like looking down my Weaver or Nikon.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    I'd go vortex as well. Comparing my Vortex scopes to Leupold I always feel like I get more scope for the money from Vortex.

Banned

count me in as another Vortex vote.
    the only way I won't buy one is if leupold is beating their price on the particular scope I want.

I've had bad luck with vortex, and good luck with weaver

vortex made it right with a pre paid return label and replacement

...but I'd prefer reliability

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master
    I have a vortex crossfire II 2-7x....It is an adventure to sight it in. It does not track well at all. Sometimes you get the adjustment indicated and sometimes you don't. It seems solid once sighted in. It is bright and clear, but I will not own another.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    I have a vortex crossfire II 2-7x....It is an adventure to sight it in. It does not track well at all. Sometimes you get the adjustment indicated and sometimes you don't. It seems solid once sighted in. It is bright and clear, but I will not own another.
    You do know that they have a unlimited warranty, right? Send it back and they will make it right.

Boolit Grand Master

If your getting a Vortex and your a Vet go to their sight and sign up to get your discount. I think LE get it too
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I have half a dozen Vortex scopes ranging from their $200 line up to $950
    All perform as advertised. Very pleased with them all.
    Will purchase more in the future.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Bub
    I with nagantguy too. I have a Vortex and several Weavers all new in the last few years. Like all of them. They both seem to be great value. I would go with whatever had the features I want at the best price. Never had any issues with any of them so can’t speak to warranty or customer service. I’m using them mostly on .308 and .223 bolt action guns.

Boolit Grand Master
    Another Vortex vote.
    Don Verna

What about the Weaver 4x16x44 side focus on a ruger #1 in 45/70 ? Would it hold up?
    Last edited by brstevns; 11-23-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Picked up a 4x12x50 Buckmasters scope on sale from Midway two years ago for under 100 dollars. Before I bought it I researched it and found out it was made by Weaver. Put it on my Remington BDL in 30-06. It has held up just fine at the range after getting some real heavy mounting rings. Don't know why but that 30-06 really kicks the heck out of any scope I put on it. So far a vote for Weaver.

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    For the same $ you can get a USA made Leupold. Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by lucifers View Post
    For the same $ you can get a USA made Leupold. Just sayin.....
    +1...
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast