Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Feed Jams in Rossi 92 44 Magnum

Feed Jams in Rossi 92 44 Magnum

There are two small projections on the lower part of the ejector which push the cartridge forward. It appears that the left one is catching in the primer pocket when the rim is about halfway up the feed grooves, preventing it from rising farther. If I retract the bolt, I can slide the round on up the grooves easily with my finger or a screwdriver. I measured the rim diameter on the two brands of cartridge I had available. One measured about .503", and the other about .508". SAAMI spec is .514", according to COTW. I suggested to the owner of the rifle that he take his calipers and see if he could find some ammo with a larger rim.

Is this a common problem with these rifles? The rifle in question has not been fired much at all. It is virtually like new.

Very carefully poish the sharp edges of the ejector. Rossis need tuning in lots of cases. The gun has it's own video (Steve's Gunz). Some are trouble free from the box but I've never beheld one.
    But I sure like my wife's tuned .357 shooting .38 Specials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Not too long ago a customer brought me a Rossi lever action in 45 Colt with the complaint that it would not feed ammo reliably from the mag tube. That rifle behaved exactly like your description of poor feed-up but the issue was that the cases would not travel up and past the cartridge guides. I got the Steve's Gunz video and followed ALL of his recommendations, but the rifle still refused to cooperate. Called Rossi and they agreed to take a look at the rifle. They returned it to us quickly with a note that they had replaced the cartridge guides. After that the rifle worked correctly. All this sounded like someone had a Monday hangover and installed incorrect cartridge guides in the rifle during original assembly. There was no cost for the correction, and as the rifle was very new to the owner Rossi even sent a call tag for shipping. Nice!