Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been on a roll!!

Banned

been on a roll!!

About 4 months ago had a couple seizures. They wanted to do an mri so had to remove he spinal stimulator so I could get one. Had that surgery and nothing in the mri explained it. Been having lots of back pain that seemed to be getting worse so I went to my surgeon and he sent me for more mris and said I needed surgery do to some bad bone spurs, another badly bulged disc, and some bad narrowing of the nerve cannal in my spine. Went for surgery and he said when he got in there it was much worse then the mri showed and said if I would have waited much longer it could have paralyzed me. He also said it was a real bugger of an operation because of all the scar tissue from past surgerys. (6 of them). Came home after surgery and hadn't felt better in years just the day after surgery. Well that went to heck in a handbasket in two days. Pain came back with a vengeance and was probably worse then it ever had been before. I called the doctor and told him and he told me to get to the hospital immediately and had me report to the mri ward. he met me there personaly and waited till they were done and told me he needed to do emergency surgery imediatley. they wheeled me in and operated and he found a ruptured blood vessel and a huge hemotoma ( blood filling my spine canal). He repaired the rupture cleaned it out and put a drain in and kept me in the hospital 3 days to make sure it was all drained. Went home last night still a hurting puppy. Woke up this morning after 7 hours of sleep (most ive gotten in months) and I feel like a new man. Still some sciatic pain in my left leg and numbness but the right side is completely pain free and with pain meds the left side is basically not worth talking about. I can walk without a cane and that hasn't happened in months either. So maybe this time it will be over. I know I'm sure sick of hospital beds and surgery and CONSTIPATION!!

Boolit Master

Seems like things are heading in the right direction. Let's hope it continues..
    good luck!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Grand Master

Back problems suck! Glad they found the problem. I had my first surgery as a senior in high school. Our chosen profession was not easy on the ole back! Take care, my Friend.

Boolit Master

Lloyd you have had your share of hospitals and pain lately. You are due some pain free time ahead. I will pray to that extent. Sounds like you had a good surgeon who did a good job on you. Now get in the bathroom and take care of the other thing.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I pray that you are on the mend.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Awesome!

Boolit Master
    Good news at in the end, sure hope you continue to recover.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Certainly not an easy path that you have had to tread but hopefully it will all get better over time for you. Sounds like it was a good thing you called the Dr. and he was there to meet you at the hospital! Take care of yourself and allow yourself time to heal. A lot of prayers going out for you from members.

Vendor Sponsor

heres to hoping its all cured
    I have been dealing with it since 1983 .. some days suck
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned

ya smoke I know what you mean. this is surgery #7 for me and my back now.

Boolit Master
    God's blessings on you! These surgery, although no fun, will make the difference between being on your feet or "taken to your bed"!

I'm pulling for you.
    Don't know if I'm encouraged since you finally got some relief or scared witless that my one surgery was only a moderate success. Did cut down on the pain and I can do stuff like walk around a gun show for an hour or so without having to sit down for relief. But holy carp, seven surgeries! Here's hoping this is the last one you need.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    My, you have had a time of it............... fire, back issues, and the dreaded constipation. Hope this is the end. Best wishes. 725

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    ya smoke I know what you mean. this is surgery #7 for me and my back now.
    I wish you the best my friend. I sincerely hope that they can get rid of your pain and suffering.

Boolit Master

God's best for you, I hope that this is the final surgery for you and you live long and happy.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

In Remembrance

Best wishes on the recovery my friend. I have bad lower back problems that I`m kinda worried about as well. As to the other problem just remember the story about the constipated mathmatition...he worked his problem out with a slide rule and a #2 soft lead pencil.Robert

Good news!
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Moderator Emeritus

I have been delaying a lumbar fusion for over a year now... might happen this winter. Pain is getting to where I can't sleep... would be the 2nd lumbar surgery...

So I know your pain, the fun with pain med side effects... lots of fiber every day!

Banned

Well I just about got in the truck a couple of hours ago and headed back in. I had left leg sciatica like ive never had it before. It was brutal. I was eating narcotics like m&ms. Went to bed a 8 tossed and turned and then went in the spare bedroom so I wouldn't keep he wife up because she has to work in the morning. Well that didn't work either so more pills and out to he couch. layed there in about eye watering pain for a couple hours and said the heck with it. No use trying to sleep when it felt like there was a steel rod driven down the length of my leg. So got up (only with the help of my cane) and fired up the computer and through some bacon and eggs on the stove. About 10 minutes into it the pain disappeared like it hadn't even been there. don't know if the nerve was pinched and freed itself or if ALL the narcotics finally took hold. Guess ill find out in a couple hours. Another night that that though and I'm going to be back on the table getting cut on AGAIN. This sure has me scratching my head!!!!!

Banned
    Lloyd, I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I also know what it is like to live in pain. I've spent a few nights in the chair myself but fortunately I'm not as bad off as you are. God in his willingness to change the game started playing with my heart. So, instead of the pain I get to sit in a chair all night trying to breath. Its so much fun to walk across the room and be normal one minute and the next step or two has me trying to get my breath because I've suddenly lost it.

I sincerely hope that you haven't lost your faith in God like I seem to have. I feel like a pawn in a game and just when you start to get ahead again God shakes the container that hold the little pieces of paper that once pulled out will dictate what your next thing to deal with is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast