RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Seven year bad luck spell is broken

Boolit Master

Seven year bad luck spell is broken

It's finally over, I got my first whitetail after seven years. It's been a long dry spell. I got hurt in 2010, so I missed 2011 and most of 2012 and a couple other seasons after surgeries, physical therapy etc. What few days I did get out haven't been that great, haven't seen much and it's very hard for me to even drag a deer anymore.

Yesterday I was out with my nephew and I had a doe tag for where I was hunting, and we spotted a couple of does, and it was in between some downright awful weather. I spotted this small doe out at 100 yards and I had my sporterized 6.5 Swede Mauser with me. She stopped in a small open spot between a lot of heavy brush. I was on a small hillside looking down so I aimed at her neck, the bullet went down at an angle took out the heart and came out her right side, she went down where she stood. It's not a lot of venison, but it was good to finally get one, and since this might have been the only chance to use that tag this season, I'll take it! We weighed her and she came in around 90 pounds. The weather went downhill while we were gutting her, going from rain to sleet and then sideways, and that lasted the rest of the day.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Congrats on the deer! Getting back into hunting after some major surgeries can offer special challenges.

Boolit Master
    Congrats on ending the deer drought. Sorry about the rain, last week was our opener and rained almost every day. It's sunny today, but cold.