Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today my coydog

You understand the breed Ballistics in Scotland not many do. Just like the breed of coyote /wolf and dog.Him and his brother ,when I look back have save my life after I had talk to someone about what one thing had happened to me with heat sickness.it is them that I am here today.I know I am part and head of the pack with them.Now I have the one now and he still looking for his buddy. We just make the best of it all. Thank you all.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Well, I know wolf hybrids have something of a record of turning on their owners - more than strangers, maybe. But I'd guess that to be the fault of owners who just want the biggest and the baddest, and don't take the trouble to know the breed. I think no human selective breeding may be better than the wrong sort.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am so sorry for your loss
    have had to do it more than I care for
    but I am a dog lover so it won't end
    I get it and hope it gets easier for you
    my sympathy
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

It dose not get easier ,just something I need to live with.Thank you white eagle. I know i had to do the right thing for him. I had the vet put him to sleep.because he earn it like his brother did. I was there for the both of them when the vet put them to sleep. I did not want them to died alone.i told the vet that also.They earn it from me.

Moderator Emeritus

My cat Tigger died in my arms after a seizure and heart attack. Think he was brain dead because no response but his body struggled on for 2 more days. I kept him near me and petted him just in case he was still there. His body died while I was petting him. I told him to go and not stay we would meet again.

Boolit Master
    We have to tell ourselves, and hope it is true, that they have no idea what death is - the animals we love or the animals we shoot. I don't believe any of them can think "I'm dying, and losing all I lived for."

From what I seen with my boys.They know about death ,but miss each other like we do.I know it is hard to explain.it show more with brothers. that is what the 2 first coydogs that I got and this is the last one.He did not hardly eat for just over a month and then over eat after till i got the one that I have left that is my other buddy.
    I like to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving.hope all the best of the day to give thanks for what we do have.

Boolit Master
    Lanty Hanlon the Irish terrier gets excited by running, playing or normal fighting, in humans or animals, on TV. But human or animal bullying, inside his television, makes him angry. Once there was a scene after an illegal dog-fight (not shown) when a man was griefstricken and holding his dead or moribund pit bull, all dappled with blood. I don't believe dogs can see colours, so he must have looked like any other spotty dog, sleeping on his master's lap just like he does when I let him. But Lanty threw back his head and howled, just twice. Nobody ever knows all that is in a dog's mind.

I was told that coyotes see black and white.That was when I sat in a trapping demo on coyote. You are right Ballistice in Scotland nobody know all that is in a dogs's mind. The one down the street told me I think last year he was hunting coyote and shot one and it was dead and there was others that ran off but one that when and grab the dead one by the skuff off the neck drag it away .He did not find that dead coyote he said he follow the drag mark for about a mile and could not go any further.

Boolit Buddy

Having had to put down little BasCu less than six months ago, and poor old Snuffy a year before that, I can easily sympathize with the losses all of you have endured. But, like all of you, the love they give is so great that I will be getting another one, probably early next year. Forgive the typos, the screen is not that clear, for some reason.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Quote Originally Posted by OeldeWolf View Post
    Having had to put down little BasCu less than six months ago, and poor old Snuffy a year before that, I can easily sympathize with the losses all of you have endured. But, like all of you, the love they give is so great that I will be getting another one, probably early next year. Forgive the typos, the screen is not that clear, for some reason.
    Do not worry about the typo I had a hard time when I first post this and still gets to me.I will be looking for anther coydog puppy to keep the one I still have to have a friend and buddy for him and me also.

Moderator Emeritus

Tigger knew he was dying and struggled up the steps to my bed. I heard him, picked him up and he went. He knew it was time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistics in Scotland View Post
    We have to tell ourselves, and hope it is true, that they have no idea what death is - the animals we love or the animals we shoot. I don't believe any of them can think "I'm dying, and losing all I lived for."

You are right Mary ,they know when it is there time or they want you to help them because of how it is for them. Alpine did just that show me that it was time for him.Like his brother did when he had lung cancer. They will tell you in there own way. Once you know them for them not what some will say.

Boolit Buddy
    God bless all who have lost a dear friend. I type this with a tear in my eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12