RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today my coydog

Today my coydog

Today I will need to put my one of my coydog down. his joints legs are given too many problems and can not get up the way he needs to and pain meds. I are not working anymore.He is just of 16 years old and will be 16 years the 25th of this week that I found him and his brother that I lost to cancer ,that he was 1 month short of being 12 years old. I got the 2 of them when I was trapping coyotes and his brother was the one that got his foot in the trap. The Vet said they where about 6 1/2 weeks old at the time. I just wanted to just say this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0293.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	208031 this is hm early this year. I talk with the Vet this morning already and he will do it for me and he told for the meds that was given to him that there is nothing left that can be down for him. he did good for his age. he know him since i got him and his brother.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss. It's tough loosing your friends.

Yes it is .He is a very close friend.Now his buddy that is just over 3 years old will have it hard to deal with also he is a coydog also.Thank you bayjoe

Boolit Master
    I know how you feel and you have my sympathy. My last dog lived just over 16 years and, like yours, he got to where he could not function without pain. It is hard to let them go but sometimes it is just the right thing to do.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master
    Toughest thing I've had to do.

Yes it is tough to do it but I know I could not see him be the way he was anymore. He is at peace now.Now I have his buddy to look after. He had taught him well here is his photoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0258[1].JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	208044 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0261[1].JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	208045 here is another of my dear friend beside my other dear friend.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Very sorry to hear of your loss can't imagine what you are going through.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. ” – Mark Twain
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. ” – Mark Twain
    So true.

Boolit Buddy
    Sad for your loss of a dear friend. Cherish your memories!
    Also the above posts. Great words!

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss. It's tough to loose a friend.

Moderator Emeritus

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you Mary.

I came late to the reading of the Rainbow bridge. I still cry every time I read it.
    My special girl is I know waiting for me.

Trapper you have my sympathy, I know your pain. But you had many long good years.
    You can not have the one without the other. Opposite sides of the same coin.

In the end I think it is well worth it. But it took me 25 years after losing my last before I was ready to try again.

Meantime I have this guy to love.
    Attachment 208072Attachment 208074

Boolit Master
    We always think of it as a source of grief that dogs live so much shorter lives than we do. But that is why we can take on a dog in reasonable certainty that they won't outlive us. Children can grow up and live independent lives, but they can't.

This one, which would have any Australian saying "dingo", is an old school friend's wild desert dog, which he found in his garden one morning, on the outskirts of Muscat in Oman. They gave her food and water, with the natural result that they found her there every morning, saying "Give us a job?" So they took her in, and the surprising thing is that she made a very fine job of being a model house dog in all respects - far less of a nuisance than my well-intentioned but manic Irish terrier. His Omani landlord loved her, but was very puzzled. He could believe in a good dog, but thought you had to buy them from an expensive importer. She died at the age of fourteen recently, on retirement in Spain, and if dogs could meet up and exchange tall tales, those Spanish dogs would have heard a few.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	February 2006 034 reduced.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	208082

In order to love our dogs as well as they love us requires us to outlive them by many years. We aren't as good at loving as a good dog so we have to do it long after they are gone in order to catch up. Sometimes we have to start measuring up to the love they give by putting their need for relief ahead of our grief at saying goodbye.

I have been blessed with some very good dogs. Look forward to the fur pile full of licks and nips this side of the bridge more than to crossing over.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    We that keep dogs understand . Every dog I have had gave more to me than I did to them and it leaves a small hole in your life when they go . I'm sorry you will lose him but your doing the right thing for him .
    No turning back , No turning back !

The way I got him ,was when I was trapping coyote and his brother that I lost about 4 years ago to cancer.His brother got his foot caught in the foothold trap and he stay with his brother. I took the both of them in as my own. The vet said that they where about 6 1/2 weeks old.They where part coyote/wolf and blue heeler. It been a rough night for the one I have still he is part coyote/border collie . I got him from a lady from BC,Canada. He is lost with out this one tat i lost his name was Alpine and his brother was Sig. the one i have still is Shadow he is the dark one in the photo. Thank you Mary for what you post and every one else. You right Boaz about doing the right thing for him.I had the vet do it right for him .He earn it more ways then one ever think.His brother did also. I made sure I was with them till the end. I know when I leave this life they will be there for me like Mary posted. I have lost other dogs and each one find there spot in my life . i will be looking for another coydog puppy or a wolf dog puppy to be friends with Shadow to try help him to deal with it all. I had done the same for Alpine after i lost his brother and Shadow fill that spot in his life and my.

I had post this some time ago. it is call the Hunt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FlJLt5wxw

Boolit Master

Extremely sorry about your loss.
    Thank you for the pictures and and the story. You sound like a very caring person,
    I have to believe your pets were very happy to be part of your life.

I live 24/7 with my Malamute Ashly and my mixed breed Sophie.
    The two of them along with my wonderful wife Julie are truly a pack.

I have had to put dogs down in the past, I understand the love of a dog.
    Sorry again for your loss.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Every dog I have had gave more to me than I did to them....
    Ah, but they thought they were doing just fine in the deal.

I'm not surprised that coydogs can be civilised and friendly. Saudi wild dogs, which were doing too well out of the canteen dumpster and handouts from the Bangladeshi kitchen staff to need food, used to come up to me to hear a bit of conversation. It is a good thing coyote/border collies can be docile. With breeding like that, they could take over the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast