Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would Remington warranty this barrel?

Unless I missed it, you never stated how it shoots. Unless you are concerned with high accuracy, which I presume you are not or you'd have sold/discarded the factory barrel without a second glance, then you need too shoot the **** thing and see what it does on the range. Barrels often shoot out of their 'inferred' range when evaluated with a borescope.

If you want a high-end lapped barrel, then you must purchase a high-end lapped barrel. And do not presume such an upgrade will automatically 'fix' your accuracy problems. If you've not spent the necessary time on the range, a barrel 'upgrade' won't fix the problem.

But what the heck do I know?

Boolit Grand Master

Expecting a barrel without a manufacturing defect is not to much to ask for.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    they pretty much have to as they dont have a QC department!!
    Same can be said for Ruger. At least they fix the issues w/ barely a question asked. Remington won't replace this barrel even though it has obvious manufacturing flaws.

Boolit Mold
    One way to do it is to post a comment about your barrel on one of their advertising videos on you tube. That should get their attention fast. Worked for me with Cimarron on several quality issues with a handgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    How does it group?

Boolit Grand Master

flybyjohn please keep us posted as to what Remington does. Some of the responses here have really surprised me. If in fact Remington does not correct a obvious manufacturing defect that would be good to know.

I'm not flybyjohn but my 45-70 barrel was MUCH worse than the one shown in OP and they wouldn't fix it. You could see the missing CHUNKS of the lands just looking down the bore. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    I have just about 1000 rounds through it and have only shot off hand with it. I cant say just how accurate it groups but it can hit a 10 inch gong repeatedly at 20 yards. But I that was not the reason I wanted it replaced. I have heard that with lead, smoother is better. I can see that with craters in the barrel like this, it is going to be a lot harder to get clean and plus if I ever sell it, a nice smooth barrel will be easier to sell then one with craters in it. I am going to send it in and hope for a new barrel.

The gun cost me $238.00 new after clearance price, rebates and military discount. Cant say that I would not ever get a aftermarket barrel for it, but I may send it off to get it throated so it will load lead better. I don't think anybody makes an after market barrel for it anyway. It is only been in production for about a year and this was reviewed as another Remington flop/disaster, but I have been able to make it go bang every time I pull the trigger so for $238.00 I figured it will plink just fine.

Boolit Grand Master

Give them a call and send them the pics. See what they say. I am the persistent type and if it was mine it would be replaced even if I had to contact everyone up the chain of command to the CEO.

https://www.remington.com/support/fi...mited-warranty

Seems like I read in an Alabama newspaper that the barrels are/were made by a contractor in Alexander City, AL. If so, this could explain the quality of the work.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Same can be said for Ruger. At least they fix the issues w/ barely a question asked. Remington won't replace this barrel even though it has obvious manufacturing flaws.
    dont get me started on the garbage ruger shoves out the door.

Boolit Grand Master

Rolling over and taking it is part of the problem. It never should happen in the first place but when it does even if you have to go up the chain until you get to the CEO or BOD to get resolution it does need to be resolved or they will keep pushing the same junk.

Boolit Grand Master

Would Remington warranty this barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    dont get me started on the garbage ruger shoves out the door.
    You and I are on the same page when it comes to them. Hopefully the slowdown means the large companies start having some form of quality control.

Boolit Master
    Mr. HP9MM I hope that was an attempt at humor? One should be careful with small caliber jokes!

Boolit Buddy
    Went ahead and called them up Monday and they said they had to send me a package to send it to them in and some paperwork. Then they call the UPS man and have him come pick it up from me. He will bring the shipping label. Now I don't know if that is something that I pay him for or if it is prepaid. But anyway, I have to wait for my mailing packaging to come. They didn't take my address or anything, so I wonder how they are going to send me the packaging? Maybe they have it from my registration. But what if I moved? I might have to call them again.

Endeavor to persevere

Boolit Buddy
    Glad I called them back. They said they had my address on file and had sent out the package. they confirmed my address at this time and find out they only had 4 digits in the zip code. they are missing the 2nd number of my zip code. they went ahead and fixed it in their system and said when I receive the package they sent yesterday then to give them another call. I asked how I how long it would take to get a package with the wrong zip code. It might bounce around for a while before someone figured out exactly where to send it. They put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then came back to say that they were going to resend another package.

They should fix it promptly. That barrel's damage wasn't made anywhere except where it was built.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKLITE881South View Post
    I"m not surprised you found this in your barrel, and many of the responses are right on, as far as remington quality. A friend of mine has sent back 2 different mod 700 remigton's. This is a true story whitnessed by 2 other people. This friend of mine was out hunting with his GF and friend. He spotted a deer, he shot, his GF said ''you got him''. My friend said, no i didn't, there he goes. His GFfriend said, yes you did, he's laying right over there. Not kidding one bit, there was another deer, laying dead 30 ft to his left at the same distance!! Call it a fluke, call it what ever, but, this is an absolute fact. He sent the rifle back to remington, after calling them, they sent him back a totally different rifle. The rifle he had sent them, had a fantastic piece of wood on it. So, he called them and complained about not getting the stock back with the replacement rifle, and, asked what was the problem with the way this rifle had shot. They would not even talk about the way the other rifle shot, but, after 3 phone calls they did send the other stock back to him.

He made an issue about the ''lost'' stock, so much that after about 3 weeks, they all of a sudden found it. He was very lucky to get that particular stock back, i'm sure of that. I would almost bet some one at remington realized this was an exceptional stock and tried to keep it. His dad also bought a 700 that flat out would not do any better than 2.5'' at 100 yds. No matter the load, or ammo he used. Called them, sent it back, they sent it back with a note saying they had shot it with their high quality ammo and it would shoot would shoot what the factory concidered acceptable accuracy. Its a joke, remington's QC is way down, and, its a shame.
    So the gun never shot 30 feet off target in all the range time zeroing before hunting? I’d suspect the wrong deer was targeted.

Anywho, he got a new rifle out of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Well it went to the UPS warehouse on Monday afternoon about 4:55pm and was delivered to Heinricks firearm repair in Huntsville, Alabama the next morning by 11:30 am. That was a quick trip. Now it is a waiting game to see when they will get to it. Remington told me that every remy handgun in the USA goes to this small shop in AL for warranty work. That surprised me a little because the shop is not much bigger than my house and garage. But then I learned that the Remington Arms Company Factory that makes the RP9 is in the same city. That makes me feel a little better, at least the parts will be available if they replace it. I was wondering how one small shop could handle all the warranty work for every Remington handgun in the USA. I am not saying that the man is not capable of doing any kind of work on a gun, just how does he keep up with all that demand with such a small shop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mrbig.png 
Views:	395 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	208669

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast