Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would Remington warranty this barrel?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    automation is double edged. cut humans, save money.. but now those humans you cut have no money, so they can't buy your product, thus you sell less, and then close.
    I worked for the same furniture manufacturer for 35 years, we made good furniture and it was a good place to work. It was sold out and a new management crew arrived. Everything was either automated or outsourced to China and a lot of people lost their job.

I had the same discussion with one of the manage team and was told I knew nothing about business, well maybe I don't but they lost their tail.

Boolit Master
    When remlin talk about "deep grooved ballard rifling" that is the deep grooves they are talking about.

Boolit Master

Now that is funny!

Boolit Master

The first time my Bull dog went back is because every groove looked that when I got it home.

As one of the writers said to a friend, ' the consumer has become the QA/QC department for the gun manufacturers.

I would imagine that barrel and boolits would not play well together.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    How about an update?

Boolit Buddy
    I bet Remington sent it back as is. Those are not chatter marks...winds up it's the owner's manual and legal disclaimer printed in a single line on the bottom of the groove. Cheaper than paper or bandwidth/data storage as it turns out.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure Remington didn't fix it any better the suck, anything freedom group sucks. I will not buy any of it after an experience with a 870.

I had a ruger 1911 with a bad barrel with tool marking. Called them, wrote a note to the service guy that was getting the gun.

It went along the lines of: ok this barrel is going to lead up like crazy, they make factory lead rounds so don't pull the reloading bull****. Also the timing lockup was to tight on the link so that I better not have to fix again.

Got the gun back about 10 days later with a types letter. Apologizing to me and went on to say I had a hand picked barrel that was hand lapped and got a new slide hand fitted and all set up. The barrel is like a mirror and it is a very smooth gun. No joke, that guy should be working at nighthawk customs or something. Anyway. Ruger has always been like that for me, I even admit to breaking a vaquero, they sent parts to me free of charge 2 day shipping. Ruger is the best with customer service..

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by flybyjohn View Post
    I wonder if it is a robot fitting these guns together after all the parts are made. I can only imagine that someone has got to pick up a barrel, slide it into the slide place the spring, and install the slide assembly and then test fire the gun. How hard could it be to sight down the barrel and notice smooth from rough.

The Customer Service rep I spoke on the phone with from Remington was shocked that I had looked down the barrel. He boasted that in the 85 sum handguns he owns that he has never looked down the barrel. He just runs a brush through them and shoots them. I find that really hard to believe. I look down every one of my barrels while cleaning, that's how I know when it is clean.
    My guess would be the " unservice" rep owns zero guns after a statement like that
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Probably hasn't looked down the sights either. Funny how positions are filled after the bean counters get through. It seems as if knowledge is secondary to ability to BS.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    My guess would be the " unservice" rep owns zero guns after a statement like that
    Very much agreed.

Nothing wrong with that barrel that 500 bullets coated in valve grinding compound wouldn't fix- then you'd have the only 9.1mm on the block! Seriously they need to replace that carp barrel asap/nc!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Wow, just looked at the pics of barrels. Sure are not hammer forged, looks like dull broach with feed and speed way off. Junk. remington is a has been since the bean counters took over. In my 35 years of working with equipment, machinery and machine tools , all went down the drain when bean counters got control of manufacturing and maintanence. Sad reflection on our once greatest manufacturing systems in the world, glad dont work anymore.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Venture capitalists is the buzzword.......guaranteed returns to investment funds.....huge bonuses to smarties ....same time trash employee entitlements..... .......and strip all the trusted brands,then sell the name to third world manufacturers.......who are gradually improving their quality........look at all the corporate giants who pay no tax,just so you can pay more......

Boolit Grand Master

Seems our OP is among the missing.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Million dollar settlement with non disclosure clause?

Boolit Master
    Had a problem with a Remington BDL 700 in 30-06 I purchased new way back in the 80's. All the machine work was fine but the plastic end cap on the stock had a large chunk of waste plastic stuck in the barrel channel. It kind of looked like squeezed tooth paste that had hardened in the left side of the channel and was pressing real hard on the side of the barrel. Took a while to figure out why the rifle wouldn't group better than 3 inches at 100yds. Thought it was my shooting style that was the problem. Ended up floating the barrel and replacing the stock pressure points with a small piece of cork which made a big difference.
    I wonder how many new gun owners even look down the barrel of their gun or know what to look for. Too bad QC has gone down hill for Remington.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Seems our OP is among the missing.
    Sorry guys. I sent the gun in the second time on December 12th and they received it on the 14th in the morning. I had almost forgotten about it after 4 weeks. I started building a new wood stove for the garage. I called them a week or so ago at about 5 weeks time to find out what the status was on the gun. They had to transfer me to a special customer service rep. He told me after a little looking around that the gun was waiting on a barrel and it would be sent out when the barrel was available. I then asked if the gun was at the factory that the barrels are made and he said it was. So I inquired that if it is waiting on the barrel then there must not be any in stock to put in it and they must be waiting on a new run of barrels. I asked if he knew when the next run of barrels for it would be run to get an estimate of when I might get my gun back and he got really short with me and told me that he could give me a date but it would be an outright lie because he would just pull the number out of the air. I asked then if he could transfer me to someone that would know the schedule of when the next batch of barrels would be run and he raised his voice and said that when they run barrels is proprietary information and they cannot give out that information. I then asked that instead of giving me the dates that they will run the barrels, since it is proprietary information, that instead he just find out and tell me the date that a barrel will be available, which may be a day or two after they run the barrels, that way he would not be breaking any rules. I think he got really short with me at this time and just told me it would be done within 2 - 10 weeks, he does not know when. I asked if I should call back at the end of 10 weeks then and he said "You can if you want to." I said thank you and hung up.

A week later I received an email from UPS that I had a delivery scheduled for today from ROC.

I will let you all know how it looks after I get it this afternoon.

PS. I noticed that they just put out the RP45 which looks like an identical gun as the RP9. Must have had the barrel machining set up for running 45 barrels.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flybyjohn View Post
    Sorry guys. I sent the gun in the second time on December 12th and they received it on the 14th in the morning. I had almost forgotten about it after 4 weeks. I started building a new wood stove for the garage. I called them a week or so ago at about 5 weeks time to find out what the status was on the gun. They had to transfer me to a special customer service rep. He told me after a little looking around that the gun was waiting on a barrel and it would be sent out when the barrel was available. I then asked if the gun was at the factory that the barrels are made and he said it was. So I inquired that if it is waiting on the barrel then there must not be any in stock to put in it and they must be waiting on a new run of barrels. I asked if he knew when the next run of barrels for it would be run to get an estimate of when I might get my gun back and he got really short with me and told me that he could give me a date but it would be an outright lie because he would just pull the number out of the air. I asked then if he could transfer me to someone that would know the schedule of when the next batch of barrels would be run and he raised his voice and said that when they run barrels is proprietary information and they cannot give out that information. I then asked that instead of giving me the dates that they will run the barrels, since it is proprietary information, that instead he just find out and tell me the date that a barrel will be available, which may be a day or two after they run the barrels, that way he would not be breaking any rules. I think he got really short with me at this time and just told me it would be done within 2 - 10 weeks, he does not know when. I asked if I should call back at the end of 10 weeks then and he said "You can if you want to." I said thank you and hung up.

A week later I received an email from UPS that I had a delivery scheduled for today from ROC.

I will let you all know how it looks after I get it this afternoon.

PS. I noticed that they just put out the RP45 which looks like an identical gun as the RP9. Must have had the barrel machining set up for running 45 barrels.
    and might have been waiting on that specifically too.

flybyjohn; You know, I may have been a little short with you also. Can you just imagine having that poor fella's job. You show up in the morning to work and there is a whole bank of flashing lights on the "On hold" board. Each person with the same question, when is the *** your company sold me going to be fixed or even, is it going to be fixed? And how on earth could you find "Your" pistol in the latest heap of pistols that came in that morning for repair? I just wouldn't want the money bad enough to have that guys job. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    GP, I am not quite sure if you are being serious or not. There defiantly is some poking being done towards Remington in that post but on the other hand , it is true that the job of dealing with unhappy customers all day long would be one of the worst jobs to have.

The different sections of the complex just must not be able to communicate with each other. I guess that is the problem when a company gets too big. The left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast