Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tennis elbow

Boolit Buddy
    I had severe tennis elbow from blacksmithing 40 hrs/week. Doctors, pt, shots, everything with short term results.

What I finally discovered after a year of delays:

1. REST
    2. Ice every day after shower on entire forearm
    3. Some type of non-sterodial anti-inflammatory
    4. Quit for the day at first signs of pain.....REST

There are exercises to build up the opposing muscles to balance the forces within the arm. I may or not had results from this, but I also did all of the above.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gundownunder View Post
    Doc just told me I've got chronic tennis elbow and it's my bullit casting that has caused it.
    Other than spending $2500 Au. for a Magma Mastercaster I don't know how to go on from here. Anybody designed a tool to hold and turn the standard 4 gang molds so it doesn't need to be done by hand?
    Try using a casting box I only have one hand so I'm always looking for a better mouse trap. I started with a slide from pot to box and found with the larger molds I could just cast the lead and slide my mold to a wooden box where I have a slot in the top to hold onto the mold.Then open the spruce and when I pick up on the mold handles it dumps in to the box.then back up the slide to the pot.I was using mostly 8 and 10 cavity H&G molds at the time.
    If you wanted to get fancier you can make a roller type slide instead of a wooden slide. I have also made a foot peddle to operate a casting pot pour handle I did that about the same time I bought a master caster that Hatch has built a plc controller to automate it.
    Good luck.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Banned
    I use a small leather mallet to tap the mold handle hinge with
    I don't turn over molds, the boolits come out just fine
    I was thinking about setting the mold on a rolled up towel before tapping but haven't needed to yet.

Aluminum molds! Try standing up too. Switch hands?

Boolit Master
    Hi R5R.Never had that problem from fishing.I just removed the little ring thingie,and then pitched the little OD colored thing and waited for a few seconds for the thud and water eruption and then picked up the dip net.Worked real well too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Banned

I don't need that many fish
    I'm even okay with putting some back.

Boolit Master

My 'tennis elbow' (it's actually Tendonitis) started back in my rowdy days. Spent mucho time in places wherein adult beverages were served. Played lots of pool and darts.

It's the dart throwing that did it.

I used to use a shovel alot too, and that aggravated it. I used Ibuprofen, and one of those straps.

What really cured it was this - no more dart throwing, and no more using a shovel.

My joints hurt from time to time, not from casting or reloading but there are lots of things we have to do that will get us that way.

Many methods to ease the pain or get rid of it all together. I prefer blended whisky’s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12