MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&R Officers Model 45-70 opens on firing Help!

Boolit Master

Most early history concerning Native Americans has been written by white army officers or political figures. Needless to say how bias it was. The truth of the matter is that the white's wanted the Indian's lands and intended to acquire them by any means possible. And once those lands were acquired the Indians had to be removed to keep them safe.
    As has been evidenced here the military and government used any and all means to justify their actions in acquiring those lands. The government made over 370 treaties with the Native Americans and broke every one of them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John in PA View Post
    Larry, as a 40+ year student of Custer, LBH, and the Indian Wars, I salute your effort to correct many common misunderstandings concerning GAC, the Model 1873 Springfield, aspects of the battle's progress and forces involved.

I have a question regarding your comments on the H&R 1873 replicas. Must the entire breechblock be replaced with an original, or can an original cam latch be fitted and installed in the H&R block? I've heard often of the cam latch issues on the H&R's, but haven't experienced it on mine, because I mostly shoot originals.
    The entire breechblock is replaced. Do a search on the bulletin board on www.trapdoorcollector.com. There's a load of info on that subject. I had an H&R for a while and never had a problem with it. An accurate rifle but a real thumper off the bench with rifle loads(70gr). Like you, I prefer my originals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12