WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: ID on a military web pouch, if possible

Boolit Buddy

ID on a military web pouch, if possible

Mods please move this post. if in the wrong area.....While cleaning out some stuff today, I found this ammo(?) pouch with some other stuff, also long forgotten about. It was given to me by an older gent about 30 years ago with some other military gear/ammo before he moved south. It has no markings inside or out, does not appear to be a repro, has a typical lift the dot style fastener, but it is unmarked as well. The khaki color makes me think its more likely WW1 vintage, but I've been wrong many times. It's approximately 1.5 in deep and the last pic has a standard M1 carbine clip for a size comparison. Looking to identify it, if possible, or maybe point me in another direction for help. Thanks Bill in MA!Attachment 207858Attachment 207859Attachment 207860

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Appears to be British Pattern 58 mag pouch for FAL rifle.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy

I think you may be correct!

I've searched all over the internet, images, etc without luck. After your post I even looked up British web gear, FAL mag pouch and still found nothing matching. But with your added info, I dug out a box with an STG FAL kit, I bought many moons ago and then never made an effort to have a rifle built. The kit came with 5 extra mags, that were in near new condition. I pulled two from the box and they fit perfectly in the pouch, not too tight or loose. Thank you again, Bill in MA Attachment 207963

Does anyone know if that type of carrier/pouch is still available? I used to use something close to that size to that to carry my snacks when hiking or hunting. I sure would like to find some again. Thanks in advance.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor N TN View Post
    Does anyone know if that type of carrier/pouch is still available? I used to use something close to that size to that to carry my snacks when hiking or hunting. I sure would like to find some again. Thanks in advance.

Not the Brit Pattern 58, but same size and new manufacture from Tactical Tailor:

https://www.lapolicegear.com/tact-fl...mag-pouch.html

Double 7.62 Mag Pouch will carry two 20 round 7.62 magazines for rifles such as the SCAR Heavy, M-14, HK-91, FN FAL or most other 20 round 7.62 rifle magazines. The pouch closes with a hook and loop flap and features the same bungee cinch system as many of our other mag pouches to keep your magazines quiet. Attaches to any MOLLE/PALS style webbing with 2 included long MALICE CLIPS(included). Available in Coyote Brown, MultiCam, Ranger Green, and Wolf Grey.

Specifications:

Measurements: 5.5" x 2.5" x 3"
    MADE IN THE USA
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Check the Sportsman Guide and Coleman’s Military.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor N TN View Post