WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: lee loader, is it done>?

lee loader, is it done>?

just now got the new lee catalogue and to my surprise, no lee loaders! I checked the whole catalogue twice. nothing! is this true?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Still have them on their website https://leeprecision.com/reloading-kits/
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

whew!... ok I was scared for a minute. but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancellation is imminent.

Boolit Master
    I have the new lee catalogue and there on page 18 .223 up to 45 colt 15 different calibers total

Boolit Master
    I was thinking of getting the 45-70 loader just for grins.. already load them on my press, but would like to try the loader.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Too few calibers IMO tho; I need a metal lathe etc., I'd love a 380 Auto clone of the Lee Classic, among others.

The price makes them hard to justify as a "need" because the cost is close to what the dies would cost to just do it on a press. Even a cheap C press for ~ $36 plus used dies would tend to make more financial sense.... unless you have a yen just to have one as opposed to a need to be able to load a caliber. For bug out bag I would think easier to just throw in another zip lock baggie of ammo than to carry the components to make them.

They do make a nice starter kit to introduce someone to reloading, so you can set someone up with a bag of cast boolits, the remainder of a pound of powder, 100 pack of primers and show them how they too can make their own ammo. For some folks it's such a kick that it is almost addictive once they try it. After that it's only a matter of time until they buy equipment to enhance the speed at which they save money on making own ammo.

In my case I bought the kits for shotgun, I don't shoot those enough to warrant a press purchase (yet) so a hand press and plastic hammer solution was a good option. Of course that leads to a sabot mold, wads, different powder, and rifled barrel purchase but that is all due to my inquisitive nature, yeah that's it, inquisitive nature.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I guess I just missed it..... twice! I have a lee loader in 45-70, I like it a lot, I mainly use my 38pl the most, I don't shoot it a lot, I like to keep a full cylinder pluss another six. so when I target shoot a bit, or have to kill a possum or raccoon raiding the chickens, then I just hammer up enough to replace what I used! it's perfect for that kind of thing. but I would like to get one for my 7.62X54 and I wish they made one for the 7.62X39, so I could have one for each caliber. they are great for living/traveling in an rv.