Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: 7MM Lee Mold

7MM Lee Mold

So I picked up a 7mm-08 for punching paper and steel and being that I cast fro all my hand guns and never any rifle cals. I was wondering how this boolit works out for plinking?

Thanks

Banned

That Lee 135 grain round nose is just a good basic design that works well. My 7mm-08 liked it with 10 grains of Unique as I recall.

Boolit Master
    I really like that Lee 130 gr RNGC boolit for paper punching. In my 7mm TCU carbine, it has routinely been sub-MOA at velocities of about 1900 fps. It is definitely minute of coyote out at 300 yards. For larger game hunting I prefer the Lee 140 RFGC carried by Midsouth as a specialty mold. The 140 isn't quite as accurate rarely getting below 1-1/3 MOA in my TCU but it is a heck of a deer hunting boolit at an MV of 1650 fps and shots under 150 yards using a moderately hard alloy that mushrooms nicely.

Boolit Master
    I bought the Lee 130gr RNGC mold to use to make bullets to fire form 7-30Waters for/in my T/C Carbine. The mold was less than 100 jacketed bullets to achieve the same purpose.

I necked down the .30/30 cases and loaded them with the cast RN over 10.0gr Unique w/o gas checks or sized, just tumble lubed.

I was astonished at the accuracy! After adjusting the scope to match impact, I proceeded to put the remainder of 100rds through a 1.5" hole in the target at 50yds.

Subsequently, I bought some gas checks and a .285" sizer, and eventually a Lee SoupCan flat nose mold. I haven't loaded any FNGC yet, but have several hundred cast, and sized ready to load. With some #2400, they ought to do a number on deer.

Boolit Master

I use the Lee 285-130-R and the Lyman 287346 in my 7-30 Waters Contender...

I can get 1700 to 1900 fps using 5744 with the Lee boolit...

I can get 1800 fps to 2100 fps using WC-844 or H-335...

The Lyman boolit does have the edge on accuracy...

Good-luck...BCB

Thanks Guys