Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Thompson Contender,Hard to Open

Thompson Contender,Hard to Open

I had bought a new 24'' bull in .44mag that was grilla hard to open!! I did alittle investigating and found the depth of the locking lug hole
    was not correct !! I had ordered some new OE springs ! The spring that came with was bent and just to long! I did the math with the coils
    and trimmed app 2 1/2 coils off the new spring and WoW!!!! what a perfect fix!! It is now a smooth opening contender!!!

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

I did rechamber this barrel to my wildcat 44-56!! What a sweet shooting round !!! everything is working well!!!! Ol Deuce

Boolit Master
    I have an old .222 barrel that's a bit of a pain to open. I found if I "double clutch" it, it opens pretty easy. Two quick pulls I can get to open fairly easy with one hand but a single long pull takes two hands. It's spring is also noticeable stiffer than the others. I've thought about cutting it down a bit too. Might just try that since I pulled that barrel out and decided it would be a fun round to shoot again.

Quote Originally Posted by arlon View Post
    I have an old .222 barrel that's a bit of a pain to open. I found if I "double clutch" it, it opens pretty easy. Two quick pulls I can get to open fairly easy with one hand but a single long pull takes two hands. It's spring is also noticeable stiffer than the others. I've thought about cutting it down a bit too. Might just try that since I pulled that barrel out and decided it would be a fun round to shoot again.
    It's such a simple fix! ....if that spring is all jammed into itself..she just won't work right...the right length spring does make for a smooth working action!!! Ol Deuce

This is what my .44 contender shoots

It locks up Solid every time !!!
    Last edited by OlDeuce; 11-16-2017 at 03:25 AM.