Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: What is this oldtimer??

Boolit Master

What is this oldtimer??

A friend picked this up at a garage sale. There is no writing of any kind on the gun that we can see. Bore is rusty and rifling is just barely visible( he has not done any cleaning yet). After brushing out the end of the barrel with a .22 cal. brush I was able to insert a .284 pin gauge into the barrel, a .285 would not go. I tried to pin gauge the chamber but the hammer got in the way. Firing pin location indicates a rimfire. Checkering appears well done and butt plate seems somewhat decorative as is the trigger guard. Any ideas gents?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3735.jpg   DSCN3736.jpg   DSCN3737.jpg   DSCN3738.jpg   DSCN3739.jpg  

DSCN3740.jpg   DSCN3741.jpg   DSCN3742.jpg  
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

H. Piper
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Buddy
    It is a Flobert rifle. Probably made in Belgium. Could be a 32 caliber rimfire.

Boolit Master

3rd model Flobert. First model used the hammer as the breach block, very low powered cartridge. 2nd was sort of a rolling block.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Flobert Rifles
    by NRA Staff - Thursday, March 27, 2014
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...lobert-rifles/

Mine is 22 Long and they are fun to shoot. Take it to the range and always a dozen questions about the rifle
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Should have a number stamped on the breach, left side. Most have an 8 for 8mm/32 caliber.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

Thank you to all who responded. The knowledge available on this board has been a great asset to me.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Be careful with the hinge. My brother in law had two of these. One had no markings. The other said H.Piper

The hinge took the slightest little bump and broke the ear clean off. They’re thin and fragile.
    Good luck!
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

Had one in a while back with a broken hinge/breach. Made a new one out of 4140 and a bitt heavier with larger screws. Also installed a liner so it would shoot better. The only thing I like about them is the fancy trigger guard.