RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Pro Ears Gold

Boolit Master

Pro Ears Gold

Not everyone will spend $250 on electronic ear muffs but if you want to hear every little sound in the woods these are the ones to have. I wear them for all my hearing protection and if the weather is cold. The electronics are top quality with no skips in the volume controls after 4+ years. Unlike some protection you hear each shot clearly, ricochets too.

Anyway, the top strap broke 4 1/3 years into the 5 year warranty. I called customer service, a gal answered in a couple rings, I told her the sale date, she took down my address, told me to have a great day and I had a new replacement strap in my mailbox the next week.

Excellent product, Great Customer Service
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

I have a pairs of Pro Ears Gold as well. I've broken 2 top straps well out of warranty and got both replacements free of charge.

This is a timely post. My ears are still ringing after taking a buck with a .44 mag and no hearing protection.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

After my last trip to Front Sight and getting my cheek pinched between the comb of the stock and my Muffs I am now researching in the ear electronic hearing protection.

At Front Sight during lunch you get to hear about Sport Ear brand and I have heard the pitch about 15 times now. They are Ridiculous Priced from about $700-nearly $3000! Needles to say I am not impressed and am definitely sick of hearing the pitch while I am trying to enjoy my lunch.

The new American Survival Guide mag out now. Dealing with winter has a good comparison article on these products and the one that stands out is the "Peltor brand TEP100."

I learned that hearing aid batteries are "Zinc Air batteries." an as soon as you remove the protective tape they start discharging. you get about 10 days out of a set of batteries if just sitting.

The Peltor plugs use rechargeable batteries that are charged in the case which uses either a USB port charger or AA or AAA batteries to charge the plugs. This is a distinct advantage. 3 AA batteries can recharge the plugs 10 times.

These are not cheap compared to my Image Head Set which was about $60-70, but at $309 they were not the most expensive either. in fact they were mid pack and the only ones that were rechargeable. I consider the rechargeable feature worth the cost as using up hearing aid batteries 2 at a time would get old pretty fast.

Santa is going to bring Randy a pair of these for Christmas so I have to be good now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40nwGTLz8mE

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 11-25-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com